Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, anotherman said:

We still have at least a month and a half of winter.

To me it's the wind that makes winter not so enjoyable and add wind chill to the mix...ugh. But i'll have to enjoy the month and and a half of winter that will be upon us. At least the sun is rising earlier and setting later which makes it a little easier to cope,

To me it's the wind that makes winter not so enjoyable and add wind chill to the mix...ugh. But i'll have to enjoy the month and and a half of winter that will be upon us. At least the sun is rising earlier and setting later which makes it a little easier to cope,

Kindly leave.

;)

3 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Dusting this morning. Lane and vehicle is covered. I probably will  go out with a leaf blower and blow everything off here in a little bit.

You guys should enjoy the deep winter look for the foreseeable future.  Congrats 

I'll get my 1" on Thurs and try to figure out how to preserve it till the clipper parade comes...as the southern stream looks to get suppressed/shut off after this weekend.

Boy, the LSV sure is working the jip zone rather well this year. 

@@Voyager, can you ship some snow down to mby please?? :D

• Like 2

HRRR has the event Thursday AM but with temps getting to near 50 on Wednesday, it starts off in the mid to upper 30's so rain/snow TV for the LSV...ending as snow.  Could be some late accumulations on the roads as temps drop and definitely some icy roads via the snow or black ice on Thursday AM based on this depiction.   1-3" LSV with a bit more on ridges and near the M/D. 

image.png.fb3c758d8fe14e6185712435cc3ef2f7.png

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You guys should enjoy the deep winter look for the foreseeable future.  Congrats 

I'll get my 1" on Thurs and try to figure out how to preserve it till the clipper parade comes...as the southern stream looks to get suppressed/shut off after this weekend.

Boy, the LSV sure is working the jip zone rather well this year. 

@@Voyager, can you ship some snow down to mby please?? :D

Perspective I guess, but I'm running ahead of climo for snowfall to date. Agree that it doesn't really feel like it. 

Some thoughts after studying the 0z slate....

A thread the needle type situation with the Wednesday night cold front sagging south.  Probably looking at a very narrow swath of accumulating snow and with boundary layer temp issues at the onset impeding our ratios, not an overly impactful event in my eyes.  Still, I think 1-3" is a good bet for many of the "southerners" in this forum.

Weekend coastal looks to be the Euro versus everybody at this point.  If the globals are going to start caving toward one another it should really be today or tonight where it shows up, as we're basically inside of four days at that point.  We'll see if the king has still got it.  I know many on here have been doubting its title recently, perhaps with good reason.

The big story is the building cold, goodness that cold.  The eastern US looks to lock into some arctic air for quite some time it would seem.  You know how I'll sometimes post those national high/low temps for the Lower 48 and have mentioned how it's relatively rare for a national low to come from anywhere outside of the high-elevation west?  Well, I think in the coming weeks we'll see more than our fair share of lows coming from the eastern half of the country.  The only issue with that type of cold becomes suppression and lack of interaction with the southern stream.  Could be high and dry for a while.  Hopefully we'll be able to pop something.  Maybe some clippers come to fruition?  Only time will tell.  Onward.

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Perspective I guess, but I'm running ahead of climo for snowfall to date. Agree that it doesn't really feel like it. 

Well I'm not ahead.  Actually the difference between your yard and my yard have been more than notable for the events we've had.  As I drive to Etown everyday, I/'ve seen both.  Just a fact and not perspective for MBY.  I'd be happy if I had the snowcover that I see here in Etown.  Just jealous and I'm allowed to be as we are about to head into a potentially BORING pattern w/ chances of clips until a reshuffle.  Went to my parents up off rt 72 last evening...its a winter wonderland. Its brown in Ephrata

and thats not being sassy...thats just the brown ground truth.  Please go work on your storm for this weekend.  I'm counting on you.

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A thread the needle type situation with the Wednesday night cold front sagging south.  Probably looking at a very narrow swath of accumulating snow and with boundary layer temp issues at the onset impeding our ratios, not an overly impactful event in my eyes.  Still, I think 1-3" is a good bet for many of the "southerners" in this forum.

Weekend coastal looks to be the Euro versus everybody at this point.  If the globals are going to start caving toward one another it should really be today or tonight where it shows up, as we're basically inside of four days at that point.  We'll see if the king has still got it.  I know many on here have been doubting its title recently, perhaps with good reason.

The big story is the building cold, goodness that cold.  The eastern US looks to lock into some arctic air for quite some time it would seem.  You know how I'll sometimes post those national high/low temps for the Lower 48 and have mentioned how it's relatively rare for a national low to come from anywhere outside of the high-elevation west?  Well, I think in the coming weeks we'll see more than our fair share of lows coming from the eastern half of the country.  The only issue with that type of cold becomes suppression and lack of interaction with the southern stream.  Could be high and dry for a while.  Hopefully we'll be able to pop something.  Maybe some clippers come to fruition?  Only time will tell.  Onward.

Yes this is me quoting myself ha.  Anyway, in regards to the cold, I should add that those record-setting days to open the month seem like a long time ago now, as MDT is now nearly a full degree below normal for the month.  Not bad considering those first two days were 19 and 17 degrees above average.  Should only drop more from here as well.  The cold came to play.

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yep, was worried about that the other day and Bubbler was suggesting the same.  We need this one to over preform as its my only hope for winter landscape, unless the nooners come north. 

For weekend "event", I havent felt good about it, and still dont, but can be easily swayed when we are talking up snow...:P.  Just slightly too progressive IMO.  

JMO's so someone go prove me wrong...I'm down w/ that.

24 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Well I'm not ahead.  Actually the difference between your yard and my yard have been more than notable for the events we've had.  As I drive to Etown everyday, I/'ve seen both.  Just a fact and not perspective for MBY.  I'd be happy if I had the snowcover that I see here in Etown.  Just jealous and I'm allowed to be as we are about to head into a potentially BORING pattern w/ chances of clips until a reshuffle.  Went to my parents up off rt 72 last evening...its a winter wonderland. Its brown in Ephrata

and thats not being sassy...thats just the brown ground truth.  Please go work on your storm for this weekend.  I'm counting on you.

Fair enough, I had no idea there was that much of a discrepancy. You caught me off guard because you're usually positive and I'm the one throwing the less-rosy posts around. 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Unusually stark differences in the NAM 12k versus 3k with regards to location of snowfall on Wednesday night.  The southern edge of the 12k is damn near the northern edge of the 3k.  A narrow swath indeed.

Bring it home. I hate setups like this because I feel like the models won't have a handle on something this delicate. Too much can go wrong. Saying that, I fully expect some areas will get a nice, small event. Problem is...too many people won't.