Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, anotherman said:

S&S called it hahahaha

Yeah that might be a bit of a stretch in numbers, but I dunno what their track/mindset was regarding this as I dont follow them. 

Actually my mom called and said "the weather channel said its further east"....I chuckled....told her that I was proud of her, and that I've not been following much last couple days, but that some of my fellow weather geeks suggest little to nothing here.  

0z NAM has me feeling even better already.  Should be able to hang onto it (thinking 2.5 to 3 ish here and currently still snowing).  Hoping transition is frozen and less wet.  Currently 25 here and SN/IP mix.

At 9:00pm in Carlisle the temperature is 22.5 degrees, up 1.5 degrees in the past hour.  Dew point is 21.  Pressure is crashing, now down to 29.68" and falling very rapidly at 0.12"/hr.  It is snowing but also the first pingers have also arrived.  New snowfall in the past hour is 0.9" for a snow storm total of 3.6".  I'm going to clear my board, melt down my snow, and then begin to measure the sleet.  I'm a bit surprised the sleet made it here so quickly.

4 minutes ago, Ruin said:

I questioned if the models didnt get storm right cause of the odd track they gave it. makes me wonder if its no longer following the track or its moving slower.

925's are west and 850's are SE, so yeah still a matter of time till we warm, but as i said, every hour below freezing is a win and less chance of plain rain.  

925mb.gif?1642385593501

4 minutes ago, Ruin said:

I questioned if the models didnt get storm right cause of the odd track they gave it. makes me wonder if its no longer following the track or its moving slower. edit im talking about how much cold air is still sticking around

Ground temps are behind the 850/925 rush of warmth. That’s what we are about to experience hence sleet. 

2 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

This was another major model fail, at least out our way. We went from deform band last night here to having Cleveland, who wasn't even warned till a couple hour ago, getting 20 inches potentially.

this is why the public miss trusts weather forecasts. look what happen to i95 up till a day or 2 it wasnt suppose to be so bad. then bam hell people stuck in snow banks going hungry no one helping them no plowing before hand.

Just now, Ruin said:

this is why the public miss trusts weather forecasts. look what happen to i95 up till a day or 2 it wasnt suppose to be so bad. then bam hell people stuck in snow banks going hungry no one helping them no plowing before hand.

I certainly don't blame mets, and certainly 2-3 days out I know things can change, but we are going from a forecast of 12 inches here to possibly not even meeting warning criteria.