Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not sure where you guys are referencing but there are reports of sleet in West Central PA. 

I’ve only seen one out around Indiana and most around it are still snow. West of the Alleghenies, however, lots of mixed precip reports.

That said, I’m strictly going by mPing so we may not be using the same references.

At 6:00pm in Carlisle...Moderate snow is falling.  The temperature is 18.7 degrees, up 0.9 degrees in the last hour.  Dew point is 17 and the wet bulb is 18.0.  The pressure is 29.93" and falling rapidly at 0.07"/hr.  During the past hour an additional 0.6" of snow has fallen bringing the storm total to 1.0".

3 minutes ago, kerplunk said:

I’ve only seen one out around Indiana and most around it are still snow. West of the Alleghenies, however, lots of mixed precip reports.

That said, I’m strictly going by mPing so we may not be using the same references.

Yea, I am going by the reports on Twitter and thought I saw some on our Pitt board here.  The Twitter reports were west of Johnstown.   Radar shows sleet west of Johnstown as well. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I am going by the reports on Twitter and thought I saw some on our Pitt board here.  The Twitter reports were west of Johnstown.   Radar shows sleet west of Johnstown as well. 

Precipitation Depiction radar on RadarScope is showing mostly snow. But I don’t usually go by that other than a general indicator. Have found mPing to be more reliable.

• Like 1