Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

30 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

One of the infamous 1994 storms laid down 6 inches of heavy sleet here . It was incredibly loud for hours and hours .

it was very pretty I dunno if they have different types of sleet but it looked like snow. i was off school for 2 days cause it wouldnt melt.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It's actually clearing out here so it will be your way shortly.  Thinking we have a shot at zero tonight. 

yeah its thinned out but I didnt see any cloud cover for tonight or even today. was afraid it would keep the temps up high enough to almost confirm the torch. so many times clouds come in and help the temps over night. but said storm is due tomorrow after noon so clouds maybe 10am

1 minute ago, Ruin said:

yeah its thinned out but I didnt see any cloud cover for tonight or even today. was afraid it would keep the temps up high enough to almost confirm the torch. so many times clouds come in and help the temps over night. but said storm is due tomorrow after noon so clouds maybe 10am

It could be -20 2M temp right now but if we get an easterly fetch straight from the Atlantic, it will raise fast.  Water temp is 46 in VA beach right now and 43 at Cape May. Not happy just talking what the model is showing. 

image.thumb.png.50c43b0a6e531dd154f8474688e2a8c4.png

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It could be -20 2M temp right now but if we get an easterly fetch straight from the Atlantic, it will raise fast.  Water temp is 46 in VA beach right now and 43 at Cape May. Not happy just talking what the model is showing. 

image.thumb.png.50c43b0a6e531dd154f8474688e2a8c4.png

ah that kind of sucks hope they dont stuck around 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I remember being glued to TWC during 1993 watching the dozens of tornadoes coming ashore. Agree about the convection robbing  moisture sometimes in systems . Or a low jumping to the convection.

Yep.  Sometimes its just weenie hopes but it has robbed us in the past so it could stand to pay us back sometime, right? 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, MAG5035 said:

I did follow @canderson ‘s advice last night and install my weather station outside lol. 

So currently I got a 16.3ºF temp and a 1.3ºF dewpoint. Should be interesting to see how low it goes tonight.

Only got to 19ºF for a high. 

He also advised you to put something in/on the tap (PM, right?) so which way did you go?  LOL. 

My high today was back at midnight at 24.3 degrees.  My high this afternoon was 22.3 degrees.  Low this morning 14.5.  Temp right now 16.0, dew point +1.8 F.  

If we have to go through all the transitions from snow to rain, I really hope to first get at least 4" of snow, which really should be doable with a rate of 1.5"/hr for 3 hours.  Follow that with as much sleet as possible (several inches), followed by 0.1" freezing rain, followed by plain rain, light, and less than 0.1" and a temp no higher than 36.  That will provide incredible pack retention which should easily hang around until the next storm? next Friday (lol).

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Got to plug the phone in so after three hours I will temporarily stopping watching the synagogue hostage situation on the tv while being on my phone and thinking about Sunday's storm.  It has been a strange day so far for sure.  Seeing that tremendous cloud over Tonga from the nearby undersea volcano erupting was a strange surprise last night, too.  

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I can’t trust the euro for temps. It’s been pretty bad with them for more than a year and it’s notorious for not being great with thermal temps. 

iBut I hope it scores a coup! 

Well it is not just temps.  Check out this 36 hour map from the 12Z Euro.  Inland Low still at or below the "coastal".  Less easterly push, longer snow.  If you look closely you can see a 998 down and to the right of the 996.  That is the coastal.  Still looks like a dual low to me.   Of course this has HUGE chance for failure to the good or bad. 

image.thumb.png.52bf168ccf29b6391334d46bdc1c8f3c.png   a dual low to

• Like 1