Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, Voyager said:

If that NAM run would verify, the high winds with the better than half inch of ice would create a nightmare here...

I did not look at the surface to see how cold it actually was on the ground but yea a lot of ice.  As you pointed out the nam transfer (or moved where the panel was showing the lowest point of pressure) at 69 but 850's are already failing in WV by that point.  Not a good scene for snow even some of the places that it did show snow.  The inland low just gets so far north. 

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Someone let @Wmsptwx know about this wind!

He asked during the overnight shift and I deferred to our forum wind super expert @canderson !

Do we have an approximate time when this wind will start?

I thought I read/heard that Friday would be quite blustery and Saturday even worse but I didn’t think it was supposed to be that bad on either of those days.

Does the more extreme wind start on Sunday along with this weather event (whatever it turns out to be)?

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I do think the winds and severity  are being underestimated . Haven't heard much talk from mets .

Beating the dead horse hit winds will be the bigger issue here than snow. 6-10l isn’t a massive deal - sustained winds at 40 for 2 days and countless gusts maybe to 70 over that span is a nightmare.