• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

MU's Director Of Meteorology isn't too enthused for tomorrow: (quoted below - and this is specific to Lanco) 

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

59 here with clouds & sun.

Took a little family New Years hike this morning & it felt like April!

It's really nice outside. Just got back from an awesome walk along the river!

Here is what MU's director of Meteorology was saying last evening about tomorrow:

"Right now, a probabilistic snowfall forecast for LanCo. is the most prudent approach:
60%: Trace or less
30%: Coating - 1 inch
10%: >1 inch

I expect the highest totals across southern MD, northern VA and the Eastern Shore, where up to 6-8" could fall in a narrow band"

• Like 1

MU's Director Of Meteorology isn't too enthused for tomorrow: (quoted below - and this is specific to Lanco) 

It's really nice outside. Just got back from an awesome walk along the river!
Here is what MU's director of Meteorology was saying last evening about tomorrow:
"Right now, a probabilistic snowfall forecast for LanCo. is the most prudent approach:
60%: Trace or less
30%: Coating - 1 inch
10%: >1 inch

I expect the highest totals across southern MD, northern VA and the Eastern Shore, where up to 6-8" could fall in a narrow band"

Haha he is never enthused. But it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

This is nuts like literally for us in York and Lancaster if there is another bump north before it happens, we are in at least an advisory type event! All forecasts around here are saying nothing…

It's happened before that everyone is playing catch-up.  It's tough right now...do you trust the trends and forecast accumulations county wide?  Could just as easily bump back the 20 miles and current forecasts are fine.  Should be interesting!

Yea this Euro run is a snow bomb. I know everyone likes to be nit picky and be like cut the snowfall amounts in half and ground temps and blah blah blah but none of that matters the first week of January (or April) with rates like that. DC has like 8 hours of 1”+ an hour and that’s applying 10:1. The column becomes cold during this with -6 to -8ºC all the way down to 925mb. This probably becomes greater than 10:1, hence why I’m presenting the Kuchera while I try not to shed a tear. That would get the 6” line into York and Lancaster. 

2024353082_ECMWFWeatherBellMaps.thumb.png.5fd8febc7b6e743c67f645cf9775341d.png

• Like 1