Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Hey, I went through Danville about 3pm... Anyway, as best as I could figure, no one north of 78 or east of the Susquehanna got anything. Even snowy Hazleton had bare grass.

And now...it rains. haha

Most of my dad's family lives in snowy Hazleton still. Even their higher elevation has only minimally helped them lately.

47 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

And now...it rains. haha

Most of my dad's family lives in snowy Hazleton still. Even their higher elevation has only minimally helped them lately.

Looks like I made it home just in time. Raining here and 32.4 degrees. Power lines and my mother in law's car already have a glaze on them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Snow is beginning to wind down in Mammoth...227" since 12/13. They are under a Winter Storm Warning, Avalanche Warning, and a Snow Immersion Warning. People warned about suffocation from falling through the snow and getting buried alive. 

Wow...

I just read this to my kids.  Pretty crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Welcome to the team today.  Lowlands punked me.

Ha, thanks! I am plenty used to it with the low elevation of the Lake Ontario Coastal plain. With the junk maritime air we've had flying across the nation, combined with the warmer lakes, the past couple winters have blown chunks synoptically *and lake effect snow-wise) up there.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Looks like I made it home just in time. Raining here and 32.4 degrees. Power lines and my mother in law's car already have a glaze on them.

Glad you made it home safely! Just heavy pockets of rain here. Least wintry place in Central PA today. lol

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Euro had less spacing then this Gfs run . Euro stays attached with  the ns flow and doesn't have any time to amplify.  Gfs has the trailing energy getting mostly left behind and detached.  Definitely could work ...there is the possibility that the ns gets too far removed and takes our cold air tap or I guess it could dig and cutoff way south . Or back to 1 wave idea as well .Lots of possibilities :popcorn:ecmwf-deterministic-namer-vort500_z500-1168000.thumb.png.9b3b9eaebaef62630b244c91d9677197.png

The 18z Euro Control at the end of its 6 day run shows a way to get the second wave to potentially come up to impact our region early next week.

Energy is still available in the south to ride up to possibly deliver the goods.

869D44D2-33D8-428B-B5A5-4D1FA8032E79.png

FA87C072-A37A-45C6-9523-C1DB9ACA8E67.png

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Thanks for the Obs today.

It was good to see a few hours of snow today!

You're welcome!  Snow storm obs are what bring me out with the majority of my posting.  At 9:56pm I've just had a moderate rain shower.  The temp has dropped from 33.1 to 32.4.  It's not likely to go below 32.0.  We do need the precip, but I would love to hold on to my snowcover a bit longer.  Most will be gone by later tomorrow.

• Like 1

@Cashtown_Coop, or @MAG5035, or to anyone else who melts down their snowfall to obtain a liquid equivalent:  I just went outside and brought in my clear-vue gauge to melt down today's 1.9" of snowfall.  I was pretty surprised at what I saw.  I received 0.40" of liquid from 1.9" of snow which equates to a ratio of just 4.75 : 1 !!  Typically you only see these low ratios with a lot of sleet.  I know my snow this morning was wet but I didn't think it was THAT wet.  I am very anxious to see what others near my area got for their liquid equivalent and ratio.  Thanks in advance.  

PS>>>My temp is now down to 32.2 degrees.  Oh so tantalizingly close for a bit of freezing rain.