• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Post clean-up. Temps are above freezing now so looks like icing is going to be minimal. Snow is concrete though. What a nice overachiever this morning. For the lackluster start this winter has had this was still a bigger single snowfall than anything in 19-20.. so things are looking up lol. 

DA49E6B7-F761-4213-94AC-3C4F8880A2B6.thumb.jpeg.6a1f87583f7b921219ba7756d1c54d8d.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Newmanserious shoutout to the "crew" at MU - saw Kyle's tweets yesterday, and at least for my neighborhood, he absolutely nailed this. I finished with 1.1" of snow that fell between 9am and 12pm. Yesterday, he was calling for 1" in my area which would fall between 8am and 12pm. 

That's an impressive forecast. 

33.1 degrees with drizzle. Roads are quickly turning to slush now, but EVERYTHING was white for a little while. Nice to see! 

I'll relay the message to Kyle! We appreciate the support at MU

• Like 4

Meanwhile, out at Mammoth Mountain......

11:00 AM Update: Due to extreme snowfall rates, no visibility, high winds and recent temporary power outages we are suspending operations for the day out of Main Lodge.

It's been dumping all morning! This latest round of storms has dropped 3+ feet and counting, bringing our December snowfall to over 12 feet at Main Lodge! Avalanche mitigation work is taking place across the mountain this morning as our team works to keep up with heavy snowfall. Currently the lower-mountain lifts out of Eagle and Canyon Lodge are open. We are working to expand terrain as conditions allow. With a layer of blower snow on top, it's going to be a good time in the white room!

Check the lift status page for real time operating information. Weather holds and closures are in place for the safety of our guests and employees – please adhere to ALL closures. Avalanche Danger is very high after all this new snow.

The snow is very DEEP and light out there now. Snow Immersion Suffocation (SIS) danger is a reality during heavy snowfall periods like this. Ski and ride with a buddy and keep your buddy in sight at all times.

Let it snow!

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ski Roundtop opened today - how they were able to build a base enough to open over the past week or two is remarkable. 

I wonder if season opening dates has ever been tracked re: earliest, latest, etc.  Think this is pretty late.   Ski Liberty opens Wednesday but only the beginner area so sort of a very soft opening. 

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Meanwhile, out at Mammoth Mountain......

11:00 AM Update: Due to extreme snowfall rates, no visibility, high winds and recent temporary power outages we are suspending operations for the day out of Main Lodge.

It's been dumping all morning! This latest round of storms has dropped 3+ feet and counting, bringing our December snowfall to over 12 feet at Main Lodge! Avalanche mitigation work is taking place across the mountain this morning as our team works to keep up with heavy snowfall. Currently the lower-mountain lifts out of Eagle and Canyon Lodge are open. We are working to expand terrain as conditions allow. With a layer of blower snow on top, it's going to be a good time in the white room!

Check the lift status page for real time operating information. Weather holds and closures are in place for the safety of our guests and employees – please adhere to ALL closures. Avalanche Danger is very high after all this new snow.

The snow is very DEEP and light out there now. Snow Immersion Suffocation (SIS) danger is a reality during heavy snowfall periods like this. Ski and ride with a buddy and keep your buddy in sight at all times.

Let it snow!

image.jpeg.dfef3617b7340ca8ac9f0a0d78295337.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Only looked at one thing on the 12Z GFS, the snow map, and this is not exactly a shut out look.  All fantasy snow but after all the negative posts I was expecting basically nothing. 

image.png.4f878283d11aaae5823c1fbd7d727ff2.png

Now I’m confused, that’s the 12z GFS?