• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

This is the CTP point & click for Harrisburg for Monday.

Monday
Snow showers likely before 11am, then rain and snow showers likely between 11am and 2pm, then a chance of rain showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

I found hope on this Christmas Day.  I went to weather.com hoping their 14 day forecast would show some changes and it does for Williamsport.  We will leave our daytime highs in the 40s behind starting the Monday after New Year's until at least Saturday, Jan. 8, the highs will be in the low-mid 30s and the nights in the 20s.  

We will have opportunity for snow that lasts past the  morning.  Will we finally get snow worth talking about?  We shall see.

In any case, I hope everybody had a great Christmas. A very quiet day here.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The Euro train is not currently on board, but the Canadian has it.

The Canadian has a 2 part storm where the first wave rides up and gives us rain and then the second wave comes up and brings the Winter storm.

Euro has part one of that scenario and leaves the front behind for part two but nothing ever evolves.  Otherwise similar depictions up to that point. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Number 1 with hope of it moving east.  I guess I was surprised as I scanned over the MA Lr thread and saw several posts about how cold January was going to be.   Thought the GFS Op would of shown a slightly better look. 

The last few GFS runs have brought the Arctic blast in some form or another (it’s very noticeable, though not particularly long-lived, on the 6z). I don’t think the ensembles look notably cold but it’s still a long way off.