joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 hour ago, paweather said:

I wonder how much more patient do we need to be

thats an easy one....till it snows silly.  :lol:

Even though we are looking like better days ahead, I'd not "waste" too much time parsing over every model run.  Maybe by Sunday/Monday you can start fretting if models dont spit out alot of snow.  It's just not a slam dunk period next week but one that has potential to give some fun.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

thats an easy one....till it snows silly.  :lol:

Even though we are looking like better days ahead, I'd not "waste" too much time parsing over every model run.  Maybe by Sunday/Monday you can start fretting if models dont spit out alot of snow.  It's just not a slam dunk period next week but one that has potential to give some fun.  

Agree over the weekend I’ll just monitor the board but as it gets into Monday/Tuesday I am all in

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So many meteorologists on airplanes.  I have heard it's cold, windy,  dry,wet and snowy at hgr.  All while listening to people boarding.  This must be an NWS convention or something.

E-a-g-l-e-s.....Tuesday.

2 other games have been moved already as well - Browns/Raiders and Seahawks/Rams. 

Yeah-this is going to be bad. I am in Healthcare and while Omicron might be more mild than Delta its transmission rate is so high that hospitalization becomes the primary issue. When we get this next wave in early January it is impacting a healthcare system with significant supply and clinician shortages. I have been optimistic that we were almost through this but extremely worried about our ability to handle a large wave of patients into an already taxed system.

Need a distraction-like SNOW! Feels like early May up here.:D

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep.  Better than cancel I guess.  NBA is possibly going to have to do some more cancelling. 

I'll wager that Eagles dont play next Tuesday either.  This next round is blowing up and even if less severe....unfortunately history will repeat itself....even with so many vaccinated.  Not sure I get that.....but I did get it.  Tested pos. yesterday afternoon.  I'm sure some here would like me to stay away from the board for their own safety tho.  :banned:

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, paweather said:

Just Canada is going no fans. I don’t think it will happen here. 3 FB games rescheduled to Monday and Tuesday. 

I don't know what to think - you may very well be right, but I wouldn't bet on that one. We sold our Sixers tickets for this coming Sunday and aren't planning on going again until next Thursday. When we left the building the other night, I looked at my wife and said "this might be our last game in a long time". Who knows at this point. 

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I'll wager that Eagles dont play next Tuesday either.  This next round is blowing up and even if less severe....unfortunately history will repeat itself....even with so many vaccinated.  Not sure I get that.....but I did get it.  Tested pos. yesterday afternoon.  I'm sure some here would like me to stay away from the board for their own safety tho.  :banned:

Not sure if you remember this from last month, but I was a month removed from my 3rd (booster) dose and fell very ill. Got tested for Covid, came back negative for that but positive for the flu. (which I was also vaxxed for) Ugh. At any rate, hope you are well and stay that way. 

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure if you remember this from last month, but I was a month removed from my 3rd (booster) dose and fell very ill. Got tested for Covid, came back negative for that but positive for the flu. (which I was also vaxxed for) Ugh. At any rate, hope you are well and stay that way. 

I do remember.  Glad you are better.  I got the iHealth test.  From what little I've looked into it, it seems rather accurate.  My symptoms are more like omni, not delta.  Anywhoo...thanks bud.  It's early, but I'm hoping my 1 dose of Phzr does it's thingy and it stays mild.  

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Nut hope you have a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

PA is totally screwed - ERs aren't accepting patients around the LSV. And the new wave isn't here entirely yet - this is all Delta which we didn't get the huge peak of like the south did. 

Three days ago I came down with Covid and getting my butt kicked. I had it prior to vax and it wasn’t that bad. This time the chest pain has been unreal. Fever and chills. Not sure what strain I got but it’s brutal. I know good many people saying the same thing. I went to WellSpan for testing and the line was 50 people deep no joke. I also work in medical field and see multiple hospitals and it’s not good what they are saying. What’s scary is the amount of people I know with the vax saying it’s rocking them hard as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

Three days ago I came down with Covid and getting my butt kicked. I had it prior to vax and it wasn’t that bad. This time the chest pain has been unreal. Fever and chills. Not sure what strain I got but it’s brutal. I know good many people saying the same thing. I went to WellSpan for testing and the line was 50 people deep no joke. I also work in medical field and see multiple hospitals and it’s not good what they are saying. What’s scary is the amount of people I know with the vax saying it’s rocking them hard as well. 

That truly sucks. Get well soon.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, paweather5 said:

Sorry its been rough for you.  Hang in there.  Not in the chest for me (yet).  Hoping you get through it soon. Take care.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Sorry to hear that!

I Hope all is well.

• Thanks 1