Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

56 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The end of the gif, where Otto's head goes up and down, is hilarious.  But in the end, Elaine lost out.

MV5BMTc0NDI2YzctZjM0MC00ODAyLTk4MDQtNjRjMmM2MmQxZTBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_UY180_CR70,0,180,180_AL_.jpg

For me personally, Airplane was absolutely the funniest movie I've ever seen.  I've never laughed as hard or as loud through an entire film. A genuine LOL.  I still crack up 40 years later when watching it again.  Leslie Nielsen was one of the best..."...I just want you to know....good luck...we're all counting on you!"...X 3.  Others included the "roger...over routine"...or...Peter Graves..."Jimmy, have you ever seen a cockpit?"  I could go on but I won't.  It's been a few years...I'll have to go find it again. Alas, quite a few actors from that film are gone now.

• Like 1

For me personally, Airplane was absolutely the funniest movie I've ever seen.  I've never laughed as hard or as loud through an entire film. A genuine LOL.  I still crack up 40 years later when watching it again.  Leslie Nielsen was one of the best..."...I just want you to know....good luck...we're all counting on you!"...X 3.  Others included the "roger...over routine"...or...Peter Graves..."Jimmy, have you ever seen a cockpit?"  I could go on but I won't.  It's been a few years...I'll have to go find it again. Alas, quite a few actors from that film are gone now.

“Excuse me sir, there’s been a little problem in the cockpit.”

“the cockpit?!! What is it?!”

“It’s the little room at the front of the airplane where the pilot sits but that’s not important right now”

Agreed, never gets old to me either… can’t believe Nielsen’s been gone over a decade.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro says that the warm up is over by next Sunday with highs in the 30s.

Without looking at the model, I’m going to guess based on your post that it’s still saying next Saturday will be just as warm as this one.

56 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Speaking of Nielsen. I think this may have been his last movie, but Wrongfully Accused to this day kills me. This scene in particular, when the train pops out from behind the tree. Jesus Christ. 

I have never seen this movie.  Will have to watch it.    My favorite scene from him was in the Police Squad movies where he plays Umpire.  It's not only funny, it strikes very true in the emphatic way some Ump's play up strikes. 

16 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Without looking at the model, I’m going to guess based on your post that it’s still saying next Saturday will be just as warm as this one.

Looks like sadly that’s correct, and the CMC is on board with it too.

And the Euro ensemble has ridging out to 240.

18 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yep very much so. 

Post 240 (which means GFS when talking Op's), if you put the 2M map into motion,  note the cache of cold air in Canada and the far Northern US is not exactly moving directly South East.   Its more of an ESE direction.  So I personally do not see the hounds of winter anywhere on the GFS.  Its disappointing a bit.  At least there will be cold air nearby to tap...but nothing cold for us on that whole run.   The trough is very broad. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Post 240 (which means GFS when talking Op's), if you put the 2M map into motion,  note the cache of cold air in Canada and the far Northern US is not exactly moving directly South East.   Its more of an ESE direction.  So I personally do not see the hounds of winter anywhere on the GFS.  Its disappointing a bit.  At least there will be cold air nearby to tap...but nothing cold for us on that whole run.   The trough is very broad. 

Weenie handbook response:  The models are still playing catch up and are not reflecting the changes in the pattern yet.

2 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Weenie handbook response:  The models are still playing catch up and are not reflecting the changes in the pattern yet.

Maybe, but I thought I read the cold is back after 240?  Hemisphere wise its certainly much better Christmas week than previous, real cold is much closer to us, but its still in the mid 40's Christmas day. 

56 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Maybe, but I thought I read the cold is back after 240?  Hemisphere wise its certainly much better Christmas week than previous, real cold is much closer to us, but its still in the mid 40's Christmas day. 

It just needs to be cold enough…. Deep Arctic cold usually leaves us dry with suppression.

The bottom line is the nasty huge ridge over the east should dissipate from around the 20th onward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It just needs to be cold enough…. Deep Arctic cold usually leaves us dry with suppression.

The bottom line is the nasty huge ridge over the east should dissipate from around the 20th onward.

Sort of agree - some of our biggest storms have come in deep, fresh arctic air, however. '96 I was ripping snow at 10 degrees. '83 was just as cold, and I think 2003 was really cold as well. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sort of agree - some of our biggest storms have come in deep, fresh arctic air, however. '96 I was ripping snow at 10 degrees. '83 was just as cold, and I think 2003 was really cold as well. 

Can confirm in 2003 (PDII?). Was nut-deep in snow. It was about 14 degrees.

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Can confirm in 2003 (PDII?). Was nut-deep in snow. It was about 14 degrees.

it was cold. i'd have to check my notes, but i believe we already had some snow on the ground prior to the PDII storm.  

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

The problem is we don't have the 90's winters anymore.

Eh I hear you but we've still had plenty of wicked winter bouts.  Winter of 2103-2014 featured incredible cold and snow.  Jan through March of 2015 also comes to mind, was the coldest such period in history for our area.  We also had 364 consecutive hours of being below freezing from 12/25/17 to 1/9/18.  Lord knows we still get our fair share of big snowstorms as well.  I understand the consistency may not be there and the last couple winters haven't been great but they still come around.  Keep the faith!

• Like 2