Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Here we go!

Mid week snow- We think so! 

Good Sunday evening everyone. Since our weekend forecast, posted on Friday, we have been getting lots of Emails, comments on social media, and people coming up to us to ask what we think. 

I would like to express my personal thoughts (Justin) as to what the most likely possibility will be. 

On Friday, we gave two options for the midweek snow threat.

Option 1: Weak area of low pressure moves into our region mid to late Tuesday evening, with a several hour period of moderate to heavy snow lasting into Wednesday morning. Several inches of snow is possible.

Option 2: Weak area of low pressure moves into our region mid to late Tuesday evening, with temps well into the lower 30's starting as a quick period of snow, before quickly changing to all rain with no accumulations possible. Ending Wednesday morning.

As of this time, option 2 has been completely removed from the table. 

We are now going to have to figure out how Option 1 will play out. As of right now, I will venture out and say this will most defiantly be the type of snow that gets you into that Christmas Spirit, with just enough to be festive for a day or two and be gone just the same. 

Right now I am liking a swath of snow to produce a general 1-3 inches, with the upside potential of this being in the 2-4 range. Where will this band set up? Currently I think this region is in a high percentage range of 80%. 

Of course, these are my thoughts as of Sunday night, with several days for better annalist within short and mid term forecast guidance. 

~Justin

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paweather said:

Here we go!

Mid week snow- We think so! 

Good Sunday evening everyone. Since our weekend forecast, posted on Friday, we have been getting lots of Emails, comments on social media, and people coming up to us to ask what we think. 

I would like to express my personal thoughts (Justin) as to what the most likely possibility will be. 

On Friday, we gave two options for the midweek snow threat.

Option 1: Weak area of low pressure moves into our region mid to late Tuesday evening, with a several hour period of moderate to heavy snow lasting into Wednesday morning. Several inches of snow is possible.

Option 2: Weak area of low pressure moves into our region mid to late Tuesday evening, with temps well into the lower 30's starting as a quick period of snow, before quickly changing to all rain with no accumulations possible. Ending Wednesday morning.

As of this time, option 2 has been completely removed from the table. 

We are now going to have to figure out how Option 1 will play out. As of right now, I will venture out and say this will most defiantly be the type of snow that gets you into that Christmas Spirit, with just enough to be festive for a day or two and be gone just the same. 

Right now I am liking a swath of snow to produce a general 1-3 inches, with the upside potential of this being in the 2-4 range. Where will this band set up? Currently I think this region is in a high percentage range of 80%. 

Of course, these are my thoughts as of Sunday night, with several days for better annalist within short and mid term forecast guidance. 

~Justin

Is Justin one of the TV mets?  I don't watch TV often enough to know.

Here is the latest from CTP Hazardous Outlook 

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday.

Wind gusts from the west between 35 and 45 mph are expected Monday
afternoon and evening. Gusty winds will blow around unsecured
objects and may result in a few isolated power outages.

A light snow accumulation is possible on Wednesday and could result
in limited to minor travel impacts. There is still some variability
in the forecast so confidence remains low in regards to how much
snow
will fall.

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here is the latest from CTP Hazardous Outlook 

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday.

Wind gusts from the west between 35 and 45 mph are expected Monday
afternoon and evening. Gusty winds will blow around unsecured
objects and may result in a few isolated power outages.

A light snow accumulation is possible on Wednesday and could result
in limited to minor travel impacts. There is still some variability
in the forecast so confidence remains low in regards to how much
snow
will fall.

You would think there would be a wind advisory out.  The rain is going to be going sideways .

Ut oh guys. Moving from the greater Hershey area to State College after this winter. May be my last chance to feel the wrath of a Miller type A.

Got winter tires on both the cars and the snowblower charged. Cmon Mother Nature! Time to do some reading to see what I’ve missed.

2 minutes ago, medmax said:

Ut oh guys. Moving from the greater Hershey area to State College after this winter. May be my last chance to feel the wrath of a Miller type A. emoji54.png

Got winter tires on both the cars and the snowblower charged. Cmon Mother Nature! Time to do some reading to see what I’ve missed.

Pro tip: add some stabilizer to that snowblower.