Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Widespread Snow Potential January 16th to January 18th

sferic

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Hey, real sorry to see advisories over east. I guess we all saw it coming. It’s tough. I know for sure. Maybe things surprise and it’s all gravy because you ain’t expecting much. 

Good news is those advisories only go to 7PM tomorrow and there is plenty of wind driven lake enhanced and lake effect snow with solid ratios to follow. 

Most should have fun!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

3k nam is pretty wet, not all snow verbatim but we take lol Looks like around 1.75" liquid near BM in Oswego..

qpf_acc.us_ne - 2022-01-16T092441.810.png

I don't see why backside snow can't bring 12"+ (2 day) totals to northern Wayne, Cayuga and western Oswego Co.. Even if the front side underperforms. That's basically what the RGEM has been hinting at for days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

On Pivotal it seems the maps don’t account anything for sleet. I think it’s like 3 or 5:1 so you could get 2-4” of snow a half inch or inch of sleet and then powder on top. 

Staying power. 

I think it does account for sleet. Gives syr 1.1 liquid but only 7 inches of snow

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, yankees102110 said:

12z hi res nam. My area is circled. I notice a lot of times people only post from like central NY into western NY. Not a lot of us eastern upstate NY’ers on here. Nevertheless I still enjoy reading through all the post.

62028034-FFA0-4CE9-BAFD-D2FD3DA96A27.jpeg

Good luck up there. Models have been pretty consistent with plastering the ridges west of the Hudson. Hope it works out!

10 minutes ago, yankees102110 said:

12z hi res nam. My area is circled. I notice a lot of times people only post from like central NY into western NY. Not a lot of us eastern upstate NY’ers on here. Nevertheless I still enjoy reading through all the post.

There are a few of us here, but this storm, as well as most lake effect events are not typically ours to get too excited about.  It depends on the storm.  When last December's storm dropped 20-40" from Binghamton to Albany, I am guessing more of us from this area posted about it. Excited to see what happens further west.  I'm happy for them too, as they don't get to see too many synoptic storms like this!  It's a pretty good group here overall, and even if there are more posters from out west, they won't hold it against you for getting excited about the next coastal that buries ENY.    

• Like 4