Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Widespread Snow Potential January 16th to January 18th

sferic

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I think mt rainier had close to 1000” one year. 

During a strong La Nina episode in 1998-99, Washington's Mt. Baker Ski Area broke the world record for snowfall in a single season: 1,140 inches, or 95 feet! The ski area's annual snowfall average tops 680 inches.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I’ll believe it when I see it snowing here with a good radar presentation. It’s just a very rare track. 

I agree.  It has a chance to slip to the left or right of what we have been seeing.  At the same time the models are steadfast so what do I know?

Just now, cleetussnow said:

that thread is trash.  Bad weekend incoming up there.  Go Bills!  

I went there to check out some of the great models and insights that can be shared there. Instead it was individuals and some mets bickering with each other. Emotions have definitely been higher the past few days across the forum. This is one of the few places weather weenies can express their excitement,, frustration, etc.

I am thankful for this subforum and the patience (once in a while I get told off...lol) we exhibit towards one another as we each have our own interests, passions, and disappointments as they pertain to the weather. 

2 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

I agree.  It has a chance to slip to the left or right of what we have been seeing.  At the same time the models are steadfast so what do I know?

I’m really baffled by how the models have been so consistent on showing such a rare track from +/-5 days out.  Curious to see if it verifies. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I went there to check out some of the great models and insights that can be shared there. Instead it was individuals and some mets bickering with each other. Emotions have definitely been higher the past few days across the forum. This is one of the few places weather weenies can express their excitement,, frustration, etc.

I am thankful for this subforum and the patience (once in a while I get told off...lol) we exhibit towards one another as we each have our own interests, passions, and disappointments as they pertain to the weather. 

If you can guarantee me a bills victory I’ll allow this storm to scoot 100 miles southeast for you. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

This forum is awesome. When we get a bad run y’all just make jokes and hit the laugh button.  It’s refreshing!  It’s just f*cking snow!

• Like 3

This kind of reminds of a storm that hit our region on January 16/17, 1994. Toronto received 8" from that storm. It was preceded by bitterly cold air, with highs below zero on the 15th in Toronto.

January 1994 was among the most historic winter months of my lifetime.

I'm hoping Toronto can see at least 4-6" out of this storm - we're riding a fine line!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

This forum is awesome. When we get a bad run y’all just make jokes and hit the laugh button.  It’s refreshing!  It’s just f*cking snow!

Well, admittedly, and obviously, I get passionate about it. It really does frustrate me. But I am somebody who needs to vent, then laugh with everybody, hope for surprises, and cheer for others.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

I’m really baffled by how the models have been so consistent on showing such a rare track from +/-5 days out.  Curious to see if it verifies. 

In the aforementioned New England thread, the Mets there were talking about how ALL the analogs were way to the east of the current models.  And all agreed that with the starting 500mb maps (or something like that) they would bet on a typical storm track.  But with all the models showing what they are, they were thinking this west track is the most likely outcome.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

No need for personal attacks and vindictiveness here.  When storms, or entire winters go against us we already know who to blame it on...

cc: @TugHillMatt

• Like 1
  • Haha 6