Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Widespread Snow Potential January 16th to January 18th

sferic

10 minutes ago, sferic said:

Well as a newbie here in Onondaga (Cicero ) I'm ready for SNOW Sunday night into Monday Night. I feel confidant 6 inches is a lock and if it's an extreme overperformer 12- 18 inches.

I think next week's going to be an EXCELLENT week for snowfall...especially if we get the lake involved. Growing up in a place with a very similar climate to NYC... the periods where the Great Lakes get the combination of synoptics and lake effect storms...were truly epic to me when relocating. It's been a few years, so many of us here are hangry...and we're ready to make up for it!

• Like 1

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

I think next week's going to be an EXCELLENT week for snowfall...especially if we get the lake involved. Growing up in a place with a very similar climate to NYC... the periods where the Great Lakes get the combination of synoptics and lake effect storms...were truly epic to me when relocating. It's been a few years, so many of us here are hangry...and we're ready to make up for it!

Yeah I think it may be something special next couple weeks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I mean if you look at the legend, thats just obscenely heavy snow as its nested within the darkest blue colors that are only found in the snow color legend.  It's very rare to see that color scale actually in play!

Yeah I've never seen it before in all my time looking at weather models in Upstate. I've seen it many times in strong Nor'easters.

• Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Binghamton

A shift a bit west would likely introduce the
possibility for a wintry mix across parts of the area,
especially east of I-81. A shift a bit east would introduce the
possibility for the heavier snow to be across our area. Right
now, if you went with the deterministic consensus verbatim, the
heaviest axis of snow would be actually be across Western NY
with a potential dry slot deflating amounts a bit across Central
NY and Northeast PA. 

Must we play this game in every storm? lol

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah I've never seen it before in all my time looking at weather models in Upstate. I've seen it many times in strong Nor'easters.

You do see it from time to time Upstate, but usually in Eastern areas out my way, and usually (as you said) only in very strong nor'easters. Outside of Upstate, do you ever see them modeled in narrow lake effect bands in CNY or WNY?  Being far enough east from the lakes to only get light amounts of lake effect, that's an area I've admittedly paid less attention to.

• Like 1

Hey all, I'm going to be chasing this thing from Philly. I know it's very early but I'll be coming back for some spot recommendations, it does look like itll be somewhere between Erie PA and W NY.   The speed of this thing might hurt, but I do think 20 inches or greater will be hit by someone in W NY

• Like 4

Just now, Wentzadelphia said:

Hey all, I'm going to be chasing this thing from Pilly. I know it's very early but I'll be coming back for some spot recommendations, it does look like itll be somewhere between Erie PA and W NY.   The speed of this thing might hurt, but I do think 20 inches or greater will be hit by someone in W NY

Welcome! We can give you some advice on where NOT to go... ;)

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

You gotta fill me in on... whatever this is.

Use of the term D+$%&band is void where prohibited. Which would be here. Unless one wants to be known As booger eating zit Faced f÷*&tard weenie. This applies to red taggers also.

Are we clear?

Screenshot_20220113-165611_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 4