Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

43 minutes ago, Runman292 said:

This is hilarious. WATE is giving themelves huge kudos for how they did with the forecast for this system. I definitely didn't think they got an A- when they whiffed big time in the central and southern valley. 

Screenshot_20220117-124855_Facebook.jpg

They and WVLT had 2-3 inches across Campbell Co. WVLT at one point went out of their way to say Campbell wouldn't be upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning and had 2 inches over most of the county 24 hours out. 

• Like 1

This is hilarious. WATE is giving themelves huge kudos for how they did with the forecast for this system. I definitely didn't think they got an A- when they whiffed big time in the central and southern valley. 
Screenshot_20220117-124855_Facebook.thumb.jpg.cff79b5ca8f63cc064b972707b0a7a27.jpg

Lol at “random snow band”. Yeah that just came out of nowhere.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hurricaneguy said:

Measured 3'' in Greeneville. I'm impressed with how well the snow did on the back end of the system.

Yeah @tnweathernutkept having to remind me that modeling really liked the backside snow development with this.  I had my doubts modeling was correct.  Verified nicely.  He was on the money as usual.

Been snowing here most of the day.  No big accumulation, but that might be my favorite part of this entire system.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Runman292 said:

Screenshot_20220117-124855_Facebook.jpg

This forecast works for like 80% of winter events in East Tennessee anyway so it's hard to be wrong especially when you make such general predictions lol.

• Like 2

MRX map for the event. 
It's close for here as most of the county is in 4-6 inches or 6+, maybe not quite enough 8-10. LaFollette had areas of 4+ central and west. The 2.9 figure is likely from the east side. Further east toward the Claiborne line it was probably around 2 total. 
cQvNAG.jpg

Yet the official amount of snow for Knoxville at TYS was 0.1”. Lol

Snow has actually returned this evening and is falling lightly. I believe as the sun sets the DGZ gets lower as the atmosphere cools and squeezes out any remaining moisture.  I like any day where I wake up and the trees look like this then when the sun is setting they still look like this. High was 26 today. 
cZ8RCQ.jpg

Any tree damage?

• Like 2

Just now, PowellVolz said:

Any tree damage?

Some limbs in my area, I went out while it was snowing and knocked snow off my fruit trees.  Quite a few trees down county wide. Around 1/3rd of meters in the county were without power most of last night. I lost power for a bit but they got it back before long. Last year it was off for days. 

The snow compacted because it and the ground were so wet. There's around 1.5 inches of smashed snow that's like an ice block and there is about 3 inches of more fluffy snow on top of it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TellicoWx said:

All I have to see is the name...Ken Weathers is one of the biggest jokes of a meteorologist (and I use that term loosely for him).

I saw something pretty funny on his facebook page during the day on Sunday. Someone asked him why MRX has higher snow totals forecast than WATE? He responded something like "I respect my collegues in Morristown, but I disagree with them and read the models differently." Along with his #NoHypeWeather and #KeepingitReal hashtags, you can see the arrogance. Something that really bothers me about WATE is their nonstop back patting when it comes to their "most accurate forecast in america" award that they won. 

• Like 4

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic
I saw something pretty funny on his facebook page during the day on Sunday. Someone asked him why MRX has higher snow totals forecast than WATE? He responded something like "I respect my collegues in Morristown, but I disagree with them and read the models differently." Along with his #NoHypeWeather and #KeepingitReal hashtags, you can see the arrogance. Something that really bothers me about WATE is their nonstop back patting when it comes to their "most accurate forecast in america" award that they won. 

I’m still laughing at his “random band of snow” that kept him from giving himself an A grade. I mean… if you feel the need to go on social media and grade yourself…. It’s like the jokes tell themselves sometimes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Runman292 said:

I think the #NoHypeWeather hashtag actually should be #WeSeverlyDownplayPossibleMajorStormsBecauseTheyJustDontHappenHereOftenSoWeAreGoingToIgnoreAllDataShowingOtherwiseAndPrayWeAreRight

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

I’m still laughing at his “random band of snow” that kept him from giving himself an A grade. I mean… if you feel the need to go on social media and grade yourself…. It’s like the jokes tell themselves sometimes.

I wish we had to option to assign our own grades in school :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2