• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

Seeing photos on Facebook, due West of me by 5 miles at the same elevation got 10 inches. 12 inches just northwest of me at a lower elevation. That band set up a few miles away from me this morning and got 3 or 4 inches down quickly and it kept them from having melting issues. My cousin at 2800 feet just up the road from me has 8 inches. I hope to hear how much the top of Cross Mtn got. It was in that western band and is 3000-3500ft in elevation. 

This is going to be one of the weirdest storms ever. Elevation, north vs south, didn't matter. The last change over to snow just after one, came south to north. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Seeing photos on Facebook, due West of me by 5 miles at the same elevation got 10 inches. 12 inches just northwest of me at a lower elevation. That band set up a few miles away from me this morning and got 3 or 4 inches down quickly and it kept them from having melting issues. My cousin at 2800 feet just up the road from me has 8 inches. I hope to hear how much the top of Cross Mtn got. It was in that western band and is 3000-3500ft in elevation. 

This is going to be one of the weirdest storms ever. Elevation, north vs south, didn't matter. The last change over to snow just after one, came south to north. 

Yes,the inverted trough was hard to figure out.I'll take what we got anyday and run like hell.But by far those flakes as mentioned above earlier in this thread were the biggest i have ever seen

• Like 2

DISCUSSION...

`Twas the night before MLK Day
and all through Middle TN
Not a creature was stirring
Except for the snow
that`s still falling on the Cumberland Plateau.

Admittedly, it has lightened up a bit, but I think a good portion
of the Upper Cumberland is probably going to see another 1-3
inches before the snow machines shut down for the night. Even
then, up to another inch will be possible tomorrow morning as
quick-moving clipper swings into the region around sunrise
tomorrow. In fact, even though the west half the mid-state has
cleared out, this clipper will bring more clouds after midnight.

Here`s the downside: the cloudy skies tomorrow are going to hamper
the snow melt and road improvement. So, with temperatures expected
to fall into the mid-20s tonight and a lack of sunshine for most
tomorrow, look for travel to be poor in many areas until late
Tuesday morning. I`m going to throw an SPS out for patchy black
ice for tomorrow morning`s commute, as well.

Today`s snowfall winner looks to be Hohenwald with 9 inches and a
report in Fentress near Clarkrange a close second with 8.75
inches. We`re still putting reports together and you can expect a
map at some point tomorrow morning.

&&
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

WBIR has a reporter up in Cumberland county and it looks like it is pouring at his location with this clipper. The moon is out here, but hopefully I can get some of that clipper snow soon. 

Yep I can confirm that report, looks like a couple of inches have come down already, flakes aren't as big as yesterday though

• Like 3

I wound up with about 1.5 inches near Karns. I wound up having light to moderate snow from 2-8 yesterday, but it didn't really start sticking until around 4 or so. Have some flurries this morning from the clipper, but not much besides that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1234snow said:

Have finally made it to 1.75. Lol. Light snow continues. 23 degrees. This system has been one big tease I will say.

Yeah, that is generally my accumulation as well...my total might be a hair shy of that.  The system this morning is what moved the needle on that.  78 Degrees on New Year's Day...and it has snowed three times since then.  Beautiful day out there!

• Like 1

The clipper seems to have overproduced here NW of Crossville, but those usually do here with the NW Flow. After cold rain most of the day yesterday it has turned into a decent snow event here and probably most of the forum area since some weren't supposed to get anything but flurries.

(Picture sucks but its from security cam with frozen water on it and i dont feel like going out yet lol)

Screenshot-20220117-083747-Blink.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

I ended up with 2-2.5” but I was on the edge of that heavy band that the HRRR showed. My buddy on the Knox/Loudon line got 4-5”. HRRR did well handling that area.

Someone on FB from near greenback claimed 6". Probably clumpy grass measurement though but way more than here regardless

• Like 1

Total here for the event is 6.5 inches assuming the current light snow adds basically nothing 10 + in Western Campbell and Eastern Scott. 

After getting blanked with a near record warm December and it being 69 degrees on January 2nd, I'm over 15 inches of snow in 14 days with a decent looking shot to add to it in the next few days. Weak Nina+Falling QBO = good times more often than not. 

• Like 2

Someone on FB from near greenback claimed 6". Probably clumpy grass measurement though but way more than here regardless

Guy I know lives off 129 near Smokey Mt Speedway. I’ll ask him how much he got. He usually does well there but he’s also close enough to the mountains that he would be in the downsloping zone.

Total here for the event is 6.5 inches assuming the current light snow adds basically nothing 10 + in Western Campbell and Eastern Scott. 
After getting blanked with a near record warm December and it being 69 degrees on January 2nd, I'm over 15 inches of snow in 14 days with a decent looking shot to add to it in the next few days. Weak Nina+Falling QBO = good times more often than not. 

Have you heard how 75 is south of Kentucky?

2 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

Have you heard how 75 is south of Kentucky?

This morning it was packed snow and you couldn't see the lanes between 133 and 161, which is the KY state line. As of now it looks like north bound is moving normally so they must have gotten it cleared. South is still having trouble between 148 and 141. 

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic