Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

4 minutes ago, bearman said:

We are getting good steady snow.  Have around 2 inches in Crestwood subdivision, just behind Sams and wallmart in west Knoxville.  Roads are freezing over and turning white.  I guess all the salt they put down washed away before the snow started.  They are going to be a sheet of ice.

Yeah, tomorrow is supposed to be pretty cold too. I don't think roads are going to be back to normal until Tuesday honestly. That because of all the ice from the rain underneath the snow. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Doggo pics and TN beer for TN snow:

7uDwlwE.png

E2BBPML.png

***I was not paid by New Heights to post this, but will certainly take a case of Navel Gazer if you want to send me one.***

We at least have to get to a two bear storm this winter.  You know how storms have ratings.  Maybe this will be it.    

• Like 2

My unofficial measurement is about an inch and a half on the ground and cars here south of Cedar Bluff.  Even in between these bands it's coming down moderately with smaller flakes.  Really covering the asphalt now.  This next band looks to be even more fun.  I'm pleasantly surprised, I did not expect this here.

• Like 5

Just now, Stovepipe said:

My unofficial measurement is about an inch and a half on the ground and cars here south of Cedar Bluff.  Even in between these bands it's coming down moderately with smaller flakes.  Really covering the asphalt now.  This next band looks to be even more fun.  I'm pleasantly surprised, I did not expect this here.

Yep, streets fully white now, and we're going through a lull atm also

• Like 1

Thermals on soundings said snow but for whatever reason it didn’t translate on the maps. I think we all felt like the potential was there but we all know it rarely works out for us with borderline BL temps.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic