• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

We have a dusting in Lenoir City and heavy small flakes are flying.  I’m waiting for that heavier bands to move in.  Maybe we can get a inch or two out of those.  I’m looking forward to the upcoming opportunities as well!!  Good luck to all out there, I believe we are going to end up getting a huge one this year….  Just too much opportunity upcoming!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John1122 said:

An area 600 feet lower than me, but just to my southwest got 2 inches here this morning while I struggled to a sloppy mixed up inch. It's like there are pockets of random warmth in the atmosphere.

And then I saw a pic from Caryville Mountain where it was deeper than an outstretched hand. Just the weirdest system I can remember. It's snowing here again now, but no clue if it will decide to randomly go back to rain again like it has all day. We'll see.

27 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

I think there’s a fine line between being underneath the core dynamics but not too close to the L that the temps are warmer. I think maybe you are not benefiting from dynamic cooling like SE Tennessee is.

The weird thing is that places north west east and south of me were all getting snow while it was raining here though lol. I can't explain it. It's snowing here now but the system doesn't look like it'll be sticking around here too much longer.

• Like 1

Did a lot of driving today. Only a few inches in Kingston Springs currently. 4” of snow/ice/snow at my home in White Bluff. Very cool layering! As you head down 840 towards Spring Hill, amounts pick up around MM 12 near the trace. Noticed 4-5” of snow off Carter’s Creek...and that was several hours ago. These amounts may be overalls for central/northern Hickman + southern Dickson. Southwestern Williamson down towards Lewis County did quite well. Get ready for 8-10” reports down that way. Hearing reports of 2-3” in central Williamson between 10-12 pm CT. The middle TN accumulation maps from this event will be fascinating due to elevation/warm nose/ULL proximity dichotomies. I know 95% of this forum is east TN based but figured I’d let the other 5% in on this in case they want to do some PM chasing west of 65.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I've officially reached satellite sweeping stage. 

The difference between here and Crossville at 2000 is stark. I hate it for Shocker. I just saw a photo from around 2000 in Western CC and it's probably 5 inches. 

Western Campbell County or Cumberland County? Because I am at 1980ft in Western CC so basically 2000. I mean it's white here and is snowing but it was raining when a lot of places were getting snow the past 3-4 hours here.

• Like 1

My coworker on the Cumberland/White line at 1900ft has no snow on the ground. In every other system they do really well usually. The models did kinda show a warm nose hitting the entire White County almost all week and it must've been pretty accurate. And since I'm only 15 miles away it must've partially got to us as well. He said it just now started snowing there finally.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Save the itchy algae! said:

In Farragut we had a light dusting then got dry slotted for a bit.  It then began to rain about an hour ago where it melted everything.  It has been drizzling but now it seems more like sleet and maybe some rain, no flakes.

I spoke too soon, we’re back to a snow /sleet mix.  Feels colder.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic