Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

3 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Something im curious about is the clipper tonight/early morning. In similar situations like this with departing storm with clipper/energy on its heels there is often left over low level moisture from the storm for the clipper/energy to interact with and can make for an over producing event.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was just looking at that. The 3km NAM for Northeast TN for tomorrow morning has some nice snow soundings for the lingering snow shower activity associated with the disturbance moving through. The DGZ drops significantly with lift extending into it,  and we get some fairly steep low lapse rates to create some low level instability (the sounding I looked at had SFC CAPE of 44, which is pretty good for these situations). With the high ratios, those types of bands can be a lot of fun because they can add up quickly if you are lucky enough to get under one.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Math/Met said:

That's a really interesting report. It sounds like the snow equivalent to what I've seen at Camp Creek a few time during mountain wave events. Just a few clouds, but you can get bursts of huge rain drops. 

Yep sure enough abt 15min after this post we flipped to a surprisingly heavy rain and a rainbow haha. Strange day. Winter in the morning. 40 and rain now. And a NW event expected this evening.  

• Like 3

This system seems similar to one we had back 10 years ago or so. A ULL moved south of the state and dumped 6-10” across all of ETn. What I remember the most was around Huntsville Ala, they picked up like 5 or 6 inches of snow in like two or three hours with the comma head. The southern valley got hammered but the temps were at or below freezing and it started late afternoon. My wife was the head nursing supervisor at the time for night shift at UTMC. She had to work no matter what unless she was dead . I took her to work around 7 when it started. It took me almost 3 hours to get home that’s usually 20 min drive. The interstate was treated but became a disaster in 30 min because of the high rates. Anyone remember that?

2 minutes ago, bearman said:

I am in a big dry slot now hope it does not last long.  returns are coming off the high mountains hope it does not cause any bad downsloping as the returns begain to piviot.

I was in a long dry slot after big snows then it started to drizzle, now light snow shower

• Like 2

I am in a big dry slot now hope it does not last long.  returns are coming off the high mountains hope it does not cause any bad downsloping as the returns begain to piviot.

I’m in the same boat. The one little area of downsloping off the Sevier Co mountains is of course moving across my area. Maybe the radar is just having issues picking up precip in that area.

a155948abd8970d5b7c121b52853ba6c.png

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic