Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

5 minutes ago, Wurbus said:

Mixing with rain now here. Those were some pretty heavy rates earlier driving the big flakes coming down.

We are all snow here at the house in crestwood sub.  my house sits a 1100 feet .We had some really large flakes for a while but they have gotten smaller but we are still all snow.  Crestwood is near Ceader Bluff.

I’m on signal now. Primary roads are fine. Just slushy. I saw several cars stranded on secondaries. The snow didn’t start until I got to the very top of the mountain. It’s almost like warm air has been dammed up against the edge of the plateau. It’s much colder along I-75 eastward regardless of elevation. 

• Like 1

Just now, AnthonyEC said:

Still nothing in Pikeville, KY. Sunshine was just out. Had rain earlier this morning.  

Hello neighbor, I'm right across the Va/KY state line here in Big Rock. We got quite a bit of ice from freezing rain earlier. Then some rain, buts thats all so far.

Really enjoying the beautiful snow in west Knox.  Moderate to heavy, with flakes that oscillate between half dollars and dimes.  I thought it was about to go back to rain but it has held on for 45 minutes or so.  Temp is 34 degrees and I see no evidence of stickage yet.  I wasn't expecting to see any of this until this evening at the earliest.  Nice little surprise. 

• Like 5

Something im curious about is the clipper tonight/early morning. In similar situations like this with departing storm with clipper/energy on its heels there is often left over low level moisture from the storm for the clipper/energy to interact with and can make for an over producing event.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Something curious about is the clipper tonight/early morning. In similar situations like this with departing storm with clipper/energy on its heels there is often left over low level moisture from the storm for the clipper/energy to interact with and can make for an over producing event.

How long has it been since we've been able to say something like that, lol ! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Something curious about is the clipper tonight/early morning. In similar situations like this with departing storm with clipper/energy on its heels there is often left over low level moisture from the storm for the clipper/energy to interact with and can make for an over producing event.

That's been in back of my mind...curious to see how it unfolds

• Like 4

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic