Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

1 minute ago, Dsty2001 said:

Also to note, had to run out about an hour ago and the tires were spinning some, so it's getting slick on the roads already

Yes I just saw some ice starting to build up on the road in front of my house. I assume that’s from the sleet mixing in.

4 minutes ago, Coach B said:

I measured a full inch already here in Marshall county. It was absolutely dumping quarter sized flakes at 5:30. Unfortunately it has switched back to rain. Kind of surprised that it flipped back after pouring heavy snow. 

That sucks,might do the same here later looking at my radar

Precip rate has lowered and the sleet is beginning to more closely resemble graupel (sorta). Overall it looks like Clinch mountain is up to its old downslope tricks for my microclimate. The 850 level must be a mess. Lol, I'll never forget how much of a bust I got from a nearly identical setup on radar back in December 2018. I was so pissed I screenshot an Intellicast radar frame and made this little piece of "art" in MS paint. :rolleyes: In retrospect not my finest moment. This time it was to be expected. Anyway, how are things goin on the plateau and west is the snow holding?

Classic Clinch Mountain Screwover-min.png

well that was a bust.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

Precip rate has lowered and the sleet is beginning to more closely resemble graupel (sorta). Overall it looks like Clinch mountain is up to its old tricks for my microclimate. Lol, I'll never forget how much of a bust I got from a nearly identical setup on radar back in December 2018. I was so pissed I screenshot an Intellicast radar frame and made this little piece of "art" in MS paint. :rolleyes: In retrospect not my finest moment. Anyway, how are things goin on the plateau and west is the snow holding?

Classic Clinch Mountain Screwover-min.png

well that was a bust.PNG

Switching back and forth from sleet to snow but the temperature continues to fall - dropping from 30 to 29 right now maybe because wind has really picked up the last four

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

We are on the front end of this.  Right now rain, sleet, and snow with freezing rain.  Looks like a dry slot and then we wait for the backside of this.  Total slop fest here and mess!  We must have dropped below freezing as raised surfaces are now coated with a thin glaze of ice.

Same here Carver I just hope the deform band materializes!

CC line is still racing this direction. It’s reached the AL/GA line. Sounds like Huntsville has changed over. That’s always been one of my canaries in the coal mine. We can definitely still miss out when they get hit (it’s already happened this year), but it’s a decent indication of things to come. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic