Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

I'd guess you're good to go for the rest of the event. You're going to rack up I suspect, unless the warm nose MRX mentioned changes you to sleet or freezing rain. I actually started as snow and am now rain/snow mixed. I'd guess 150-200 feet above me is getting moderate snow right now. I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't rain/snow mixed until noon or later while a few hundred feet away it just piles up. MRX mentioned that there wasn't much left to potentially cool the column any more for hours from now.

It's snowing some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen right now. TWC has us going rain for 3 hours but I'm hoping it won't. The flakes are so big you can see the shadow of individual ones falling from the porch light

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

It's snowing some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen right now. TWC has us going rain for 3 hours but I'm hoping it won't. The flakes are so big you can see the shadow of individual ones falling from the porch light

It's often tough to switch back to rain once you get the huge flakes falling like that, as long as the precip is still falling pretty heavily. I'll bet you get a few inches down pretty quickly.

• Like 2

One more pic for now...still 33. No problems sticking to everything even after the rain. I'm sure Wintersnow888 is probably asleep but I'm curious if anyone else around Crossville is seeing snow right now since the radar shows rain even over me. EDIT: Looking at Crossville weather camera it looks like some snow at least in the street lights.

271779945_1356494138109779_4755143287825

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Just saw someone mention an ob of thunder near Huntsville on southerwx. It showed up on GOES derived flashes, and if that correlation coefficient above is right, someone in N AL just got thunder snow. 

We have been getting thunder, but now snow yet.

• Thanks 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic