Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

9 minutes ago, Runman292 said:

Winter Storm Warning for Anderson County, but i feel that is more for Clinton, Rocky Top, ect than it is for Oak Ridge.

MRX just issued a Special Weather Statement for Roane County and counties south of here. Probably just to be cautious and at least mention the possibility of a dusting to an inch.  I really have no idea what to expect here. I have a feeling someone, somewhere is going to get a surprise or two.

• Like 1

Am I being to cynical to say the best and the brightest putting your tax dollars at work?

13 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

MRX is officially on crack or second shift has taken over. They raised my totals up to 2” an hour ago and put me under a WWA. Now they have lowered my totals to 1/2” to 1”.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

MRX is officially on crack or second shift has taken over. They raised my totals up to 2” an hour ago and put me under a WWA. Now they have lowered my totals to 1/2” to 1”.

It's wild that they would raise it just a couple of hours before they give the afternoon update, and then lower it. I could see if an event was ongoing and over or under performing, and people needed info, but that's just extra work, lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TellicoWx said:

Not sure if this has any effect what so ever, but alot of the Hires models ingest data from PWS networks and other real time data. Thus is from my PWS, recording the pressure wave from the Tonga explosion, would have been around time 12z to 18z data was being ingested.

Screenshot_20220115-152658_Chrome.jpg

Neat! Just thought I would add my own pressure reading.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 16-45-29 Personal Weather Station Dashboard Weather Underground.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

All kind of confused my MRX forecast snow according to their map is 1-2" and Knoxville .5-1" Knox under advisory Roane/Meigs not, this really is bizarre even for normal MRX snow storms.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I didn't look but assume their snow map is computer generated and likely close to the NMB snow map. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

All kind of confused my MRX forecast snow according to their map is 1-2" and Knoxville .5-1" Knox under advisory Roane/Meigs not, this really is bizarre even for normal MRX snow storms.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Problem with putting all your eggs in one basket (NBM)...this is a major test for it.

• Like 2

According to the fine folks in Ark/Kansas Thread, The HRR was 10 degrees too warm on their forecast for today.  Had them at 42 and they haven’t got over freezing all day.  Looks like they’ve picked up 1-3 inches of surprise snow in spots that weren’t expecting much.  Figured some of you would enjoy knowing the HRR forecast overdid the high temps today in northern/central Arkansas 

• Like 6

There is a room available there, going to try and convince the wife to do a little getaway 
Take a spray bottle and fill it with alcohol to put a mist in the sheets and bed. Can't be too careful with bed bugs, especially on the "less roads traveled" hotels/motels.

Kidding but not really.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I didn't look but assume their snow map is computer generated and likely close to the NMB snow map. 

It is...repercussions of Super Storm Sandy. After that storm, Congress passed a bill mandating NOAA/NWS improve their forecasting (also known as WRN, or Weather Ready Nation)..it lead to the birth of the NBM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AMZ8990 said:

According to the fine folks in Ark/Kansas Thread, The HRR was 10 degrees too warm on their forecast for today.  Had them at 42 and they haven’t got over freezing all day.  Looks like they’ve picked up 1-3 inches of surprise snow in spots that weren’t expecting much.  Figured some of you would enjoy knowing the HRR forecast overdid the high temps today in northern/central Arkansas 

I'm basically screwed at my location. Question is: How far SE do I need to chase?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, *Flash* said:

I'm basically screwed at my location. Question is: How far SE do I need to chase?

I feel ya man, I’m as nervous as you are honestly.  And that is the million dollar question isn’t it.  The Weather channel Mets are still talking like Nash is in line for 3-5.  I honestly don’t know what to think though.  I’m gonna try and stay up to nowcast tonight in bolivar, maybe then we can come up with the best spot to go hunting  for a big snow.  

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic