Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

56 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

NWS in Nashville raised my low from 27 to 32 on Saturday night, and the high on Sunday from 30 to 36 in the last hour. Yikes.

Yeah I’d say this storm is not happening in Nashville.  Local stations now saying maybe an inch at best.  I’m thinking Sunday maybe more sunny & warmer.  Heck Saturday maybe dry also if HRRR is correct.

9 minutes ago, Vol4Life said:

I don’t have access to the RGEM.  Do you have an accumulation map for it?  Did it stay with a Miller A look?

The "RDPS" on Pivotal is the RGEM. I didn't know for a long while too. https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?m=rdps&p=snku_acc&rh=2022011418&fh=78&r=us_ov&dpdt=&mc=

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matthew70 said:

Yeah I’d say this storm is not happening in Nashville.  Local stations now saying maybe an inch at best.  I’m thinking Sunday maybe more sunny & warmer.  Heck Saturday maybe dry also if HRRR is correct.

Not sure I follow. What stations are saying under an inch for BNA?

Wow, it's really looking like my neck of the woods isn't going to fare well at all for snow according to most of the models. This is a super confusing storm lol. Wunderground/Weather.com has me at around 8 inches. Wcyb is 2-4. I don't think anyone is even close to agreeing with each other on this one. I have a feeling it's going to be that way right up until it hits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BuCoVaWx said:

Wow, it's really looking like my neck of the woods isn't going to fare well at all for snow according to most of the models. This is a super confusing storm lol. Wunderground/Weather.com has me at around 8 inches. Wcyb is 2-4. I don't think anyone is even close to agreeing with each other on this one. I have a feeling it's going to be that way right up until it hits.

WCYB always undercuts modrls amounts. Even when all models go for say 4 to 6, they'll always go less.

• Like 1

Hopefully one of the potential future events the rest of the month comes off without a hitch. This one is like watching a soap opera with your  granny on summer vacation. You never know exactly what's going on but you know she won't let you watch anything else while her programs are on, so you try to make the best of it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

No idea but Athens is the Same 4-8”
And AccuWeather is showing 2-4" in Chattanooga. Weather Channel shows 1/2".

WTVC local.showing 1/2-2" but David Glenn also mentioned it could all change for better or worse depending on the exact track and how early the cold air arrives.

He's as stumped as the rest and he is very good. He's smart to play it safe and keep totals low. He mentioned we have almost 2 days for the models to keep changing.

Edit to add: He did seem pretty confident Signal and Lookout Mtn should do well but he's not putting numbers out as of now for a mountain guess.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

And AccuWeather is showing 2-4" in Chattanooga. Weather Channel shows 1/2".

WTVC local.showing 1/2-2" but David Glenn also mentioned it could all change for better or worse depending on the exact track and how early the cold air arrives.

He's as stumped as the rest and he is very good. He's smart to ay it safe and keep totals low. He mentioned we have almost 2 days for the models to keep changing.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

My favorite local met since Paul retired. He’s a good one. 

• Like 3

My favorite local met since Paul retired. He’s a good one. 
I still remember Paul when he said the word Bilzzard back in 93, he was the first TV met in Chatt to use the word in relation to that storm and he was mocked quite a bit for it until the 20" of snow with 6 foot drifts occurred. Would love to get to experience another blizzard of 93.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

I still remember Paul when he said the word Bilzzard back in 93, he was the first TV met in Chatt to use the word and he was mocked quite a bit for it until the 20" of snow with 6 foot drifts occurred. Man would love to get to experience another blizzard of 93.

I still remember the “Paul said it would be like this commercials” I miss those!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

I still remember Paul when he said the word Bilzzard back in 93, he was the first TV met in Chatt to use the word in relation to that storm and he was mocked quite a bit for it until the 20" of snow with 6 foot drifts occurred. Would love to get to experience another blizzard of 93.

If we all just had smartphone cameras back then... I had no idea how rare those storms would be. 

• Like 2

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic