• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

Wouldn’t imagine I would have a inversion issue either if Roan Co doesn’t.

Yeah if the issue isn't as much warm nose as it is downsloping over the mountains then if you are a county or do west of the mountain counties you should have better odds, again that's if warm nose is less of an issue. I would agree Knox county especially west and north Knox would be in better shape being further away from the downsloping winds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

18z hrrr looks extremely similar to RGEM/CMC camp through hr 36 at the 850lvl,  Much further south than NAM which is now the outlier of the high res models.  

It's precip shield is still mostly south of TN but it has ticked north this run.  It's long range HRRR so wont be surprised for it to underestimate the Comma

• Like 2

18z hrrr looks extremely similar to RGEM/CMC camp through hr 36 at the 850lvl,  Much further south than NAM which is now the outlier of the high res models.  
It's precip shield is still mostly south of TN but it has ticked north this run.  It's long range HRRR so wont be surprised for it to underestimate the Comma

If we split the difference with the HRRR and the NAM 3k, would that work for ETn north of 40?

The NAM precip depictions make no sense at all with any system I've ever seen. I've never seen the NW side of a storm having mix/zr/rain issues under heavy returns while areas south of there have snow. It's the most oddly structured upper level warm pockets I've ever seen. 

Absolutely agree

3 minutes ago, John1122 said:

The NAM precip depictions make no sense at all with any system I've ever seen. I've never seen the NW side of a storm having mix/zr/rain issues under heavy returns while areas south of there have snow. It's the most oddly structured upper level warm pockets I've ever seen. 

Totally agree...I bet MRX leaves a lot of the decisions related to this forecast up to the night crew

• Like 1

The other odd thing about the upper level warm pockets is they are at different levels of the atmosphere. I'm raining at one point and the NAM has 700mb above freezing. 80 miles due south of me the entire column is well below freezing and it's snowing. Another area is raining NE of me and everything is well below freezing until about 925mb, which is near 38f for about 500 feet of atmosphere.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic