Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

1 minute ago, Mrwolf1972 said:

With temp profiles in valley I don't see it sticking. 

It should have a good shot. When it snows it will be when the cold side of the storm has dropped Temps and the eastern valley areas with less snow that run had some heavy sleet before the change over. A sleet layer would mean fast sticking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

He seems a bit pompous to me...I could see how maybe there would be some friction with him in the workplace. I'm probably completely wrong but just how I feel from what little I've watched him (and maybe in part due to his nickname and always saying "I told you so" after coming within 3-5 degrees of the high temperature he forecasted that day)

I've met him a few times (when wvlt was doing the weather vols picnics and when i got to tour the wvlt building), and I haven't gotten the impression that he is pompous. Out of all of the local meteorologists, he's been my favorite. Seems to be a bigger fan of snow than the other TV mets.

The NAM doesn't cut the Apps this time, it transfers from East Central Alabama to South Carolina. Still downslopes the east and warm nose battlezone is around 40. It just crushes the Plateau and westward. It NAMs the Plateau into oblivion. 24 inches in NW Cumberland. 18+ widespread over the Plateau and Anderson and Union Co. It just pounds snow for 20 hours. It's the second biggest NAMming I've ever seen for mby. Legendary run for all but the far Eastern areas but still a significant winter storm there. Massive .4 to .6 ice totals from Northern Blount county up the apps to Mountain City.  Some areas of the mid-state get .3 ice and 10 inches or more of snow that run. If it verified, snow would be on the ground well into February in the big hit areas and possibly in most of the area with the coming cold.

aigUUN.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 2

32 minutes ago, John1122 said:

The NAM doesn't cut the Apps this time, it transfers from East Central Alabama to South Carolina. Still downslopes the east and warm nose battlezone is around 40. It just crushes the Plateau and westward. It NAMs the Plateau into oblivion. 24 inches in NW Cumberland. 18+ widespread over the Plateau and Anderson and Union Co. It just pounds snow for 20 hours. It's the second biggest NAMming I've ever seen for mby. Legendary run for all but the far Eastern areas but still a significant winter storm there. Massive .4 to .6 ice totals from Northern Blount county up the apps to Mountain City.  Some areas of the mid-state get .3 ice and 10 inches or more of snow that run. If it verified, snow would be on the ground well into February in the big hit areas and possibly in most of the area with the coming cold.

aigUUN.png

That map literally has me at 4" while just 15 miles away close to 8 lol

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Be patient. There's still empty of time to shift the "No Snow, not even a dusting"" over us in SE Hamilton county. emoji3061.png

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

The RGEM just smashed Hamilton Co. Northern areas get over  a foot. A solid 6 inches in Chattanooga proper. Almost a foot and a half in NE Georgia. The RGEM was being reasonable yesterday but it's on the NAM stuff.

• Like 2

The RGEM just smashed Hamilton Co. Northern areas get over  a foot. A solid 6 inches in Chattanooga proper. Almost a foot and a half in NE Georgia. The RGEM was being reasonable yesterday but it's on the NAM stuff.
When I quoted your post I hadn't made it down to the most recent posts. Chatty is due for a good one that will be on the ground more than 6-12 hours. So many different possibilities. Let's pull for one of those 1970's type snows when we get a nice thumpings for everyone.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, John1122 said:

aigUUN.png

Around a foot of snow IMBY?

seth-rollins.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, John1122 said:

aigUUN.png

Looks like @Wintersnow888 and me better grab milk and bread ASAP

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NWS took our temperatures in NW Cumberland down to 28 tomorrow night (from 31 last night) and the high of 36 on Sunday down to 30. However, they added in a chance of rain on both Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, both of which were calling for all snow last night. That would suck if it switches to rain well after the snow started. Especially if it really does top out at 30.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic