• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

Of note, the Euro is slightly faster as well...not sure if that affects anything, but might mitigate the warm-nose if it is moving a bit quicker.

Seems like someone thought there could be better blocking to the north with a faster system. Maybe a faster system would help the high pressure over the top stay further west?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Greene is crazy.  Used to have a poster over that way who posted a bunch @waltrip.  Think @Math/Metis over there as well...or at least follows the wind situation at Camp Creek.  Micro-climates galore in Greene Co.  

Hey Carver!  I'm still here on the forum and just enjoy everyone's opinions and trying to learn from you all.  Greene County and its topography can definitely produce a wide variety of snow outcomes across the county.  It is fascinating, but frustrating when it works against you on getting snow IMBY.  Wishing everyone luck as we try to reel this next system in!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, waltrip said:

Hey Carver!  I'm still here on the forum and just enjoy everyone's opinions and trying to learn from you all.  Greene County and its topography can definitely produce a wide variety of snow outcomes across the county.  It is fascinating, but frustrating when it works against you on getting snow IMBY.  Wishing everyone luck as we try to reel this next system in!

Awesome, waltrip.  I always enjoy your observations over there!!!  Hope all is going well!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

Euro is so tempting but I'm just not going to bite here tucked into the west side of the Appalachians.  A LOT of things can severely impact snowfall from an event like this here.  I'm not biting until it's go time.

@tnweathernut's rule of thumb.  Set the bar low and you will not be disappointed.  I almost always subscribe to this when it comes to snowstorms at this latitude.  LOL.

• Like 4

There's always a gamble in believing the models 12 hours out, let alone at this range. All you can do is say at this lead, they are about as good as they can get for our forum area. 

That said, a few years ago the Euro gave me 32 fantasy inches and the NAM 28. I got 1.5 inches as it ended.  Above 2500 got 15 inches in that storm. So the thermals were barely off and it bit me hard.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic