Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

14 minutes ago, ChesterfieldVa80 said:

I was originally planning on going to Massanutten near Harrisonburg to ski on Sunday (6-10) was looking likely there until now.... Now I'm contemplating going to the Homestead in Bath county instead. Bath county looks like maybe one of the few places in Virginia to see a "mostly clean" snowstorm? Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

If you are going to go all the way to Bath just go the extra hour to Snowshoe. They are going to get pummeled with backside fluff. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Just got here.  25 and SN-…it was graupel in Cumberland when we stopped at Chik Fil A and Sheetz and basically SN- from the county line to here.  

I’m down in Davis, 23 and light snow. Ridges have decent ice build. Light freezing rain at 24 degrees made the drive in on 48 pretty dicey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Just got here.  25 and SN-…it was graupel in Cumberland when we stopped at Chik Fil A and Sheetz and basically SN- from the county line to here.  

Enjoy man. I am seriously contemplating chasing this from Winchester. Maybe out by Jon Jon. Or Parsons. They are going to get mauled. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

he’s running the DT model at this point - no OP guidance from the last day shows quite what he’s showing — those upper end totals are gonna be tough to hit. Not to say it’s wrong and I admire the boldness I suppose, but…

He hasn't done well  at all this year.  Way under, and way over for the last 2 storms, but he used to do really well with his maps.  Back in 2013-2015, he was often forecasting way higher than anyone else and was pretty accurate most of the time.  

Here's to hoping he might have a magical DT model and get this one right!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chris21 said:

I’m down in Davis, 23 and light snow. Ridges have decent ice build. Light freezing rain at 24 degrees made the drive in on 48 pretty dicey.

Nice man, enjoy the storm.  I’m starting to think the mountains will get more snow Monday AM into Tuesday AM from upslope than the WAA portion.  That strong of a LP with the NW winds will really crank the upslope.  Regardless should be a fun Sunday and Monday.  Glad you got there safely.

12 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Nice man, enjoy the storm.  I’m starting to think the mountains will get more snow Monday AM into Tuesday AM from upslope than the WAA portion.  That strong of a LP with the NW winds will really crank the upslope.  Regardless should be a fun Sunday and Monday.  Glad you got there safely.

Thanks man. We’ll be interesting to see the differences between davis and deep creek. Pretty wide variety of possibilities still at this point.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic