• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

Looks pretty consistent. Can’t help feeling we can still see changes. That ns piece that is so key is actually comprised of two pieces, or one influenced by another. The current positions of those pieces are the NW passage and about 1000 miles in the Pacific Ocean. Laugh if you want but this still seems a long way off to me.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Looks pretty consistent. Can’t help feeling we can still see changes. That ns piece that is so key is actually comprised of two pieces, or one influenced by another. The current positions of those pieces are the NW passage and about 1000 miles in the Pacific Ocean. Laugh if you want but this still seems a long way off to me.

I’m not suggesting things will improve for us, but I agree with you. Still more curveballs coming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Anecdotally, this is an unusual track for a storm for DC....I recall a number of events where as we got closer the models shifted this kind of track to the west or the east to a more traditional track.  Hopefully it is weaker and east.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m not suggesting things will improve for us, but I agree with you. Still more curveballs coming.

I’m not suggesting they improve either. Not at all. But I’m also not saying they can’t lol. I’m only saying I think they may very well change.

• Like 2

Just now, Deck Pic said:

Anecdotally, this is an unusual track for a storm for DC....I recall a number of events where as we got closer the models shifted this kind of track to the west or the east to a more traditional track.  Hopefully it is weaker and east.

I’ve lived in the area since 2008 and I’m having a hard time remembering a track like this.  Not saying that it can’t happen verbatim but to your point, its unusual.  It’s kind of remarkable how consistent the major global OPs have been for the last two or so days.  Lots of moving parts with this so it could change but we’re now within 72 hours of first flakes so time’s ticking.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic