Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

1 hour ago, IronTy said:

Hmmm, impressed you remembered that.  Yeah I also just retired at 41yo. My first day of retirement was out big snowstorm last Monday.  Don't cry too many tears for me.  

Private equity big boss for the win.  

Went with weenie because I couldn't find the gag button.

• Haha 3

Ops appear to have done nice job on this one from a pretty good range imo. The general idea hasn't wavered for a few days and if you think about it, ensembles made it harder to forecast. Ensembles didn't do all that great at their most useful range. Pretty unusual the way it's played out so far. 

Only call: 3-4" IMBY 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

The one trend that continues and its not what we want...is a slightly more amplified SW each run.  That's what's offsetting a lot of the improvements people point out on some runs. 

So what you’re saying is that the same shit keeps happening in the end regardless of what comes before it? Seems annoying.

I wonder where I’ve heard that before…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

0z runs will be a big deal..big deal

I hope 0z marks the moment when our King GFS will lead us into a triumphant victory. Perhaps, with its mighty sword it will deal a deathblow to this evil shortwave that chains the storm to the mountains. Finally free, our storm will run free up the coast at last, delivering snow for all. 

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am nowhere near ready to make any kind of call. The models have consistently bullseyed me for 3 days. The Lucy rug pull could be right around the corner.

I’m thinking of coming to Frederick Co Va for this one if it still the bulls eye on Saturday and if it looks it will be a dud here in Owings Mills. My mom’s place is in a good location. Close to 1100 ft about 8 miles sw of Winchester. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snowfan96 said:

Couldn't agree more!  With these types of events, the transition to sleet is often sooner and farther north and west than what the models like to depict.  And if the parent system gets any stronger than currently projected - which is quite possible - that quick changeover is even more likely.

Seems like the over/under is 2-3" for many of us near/along the beltway in this setup. As noted, when the models suggest maybe 6 hours of snow, it's more like 3-4 before the mix. We can get a quick 2+ inches though because of good rates in that 3-4 hour burst. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It’s Thursday

For all intents and purposes, the ops basically haven’t wavered in 2+ days. It’s uncanny, really, and despite talk of slowing down vorts and getting more confluence and getting good new data from dropsondes and shit, there’s no reason to think we’ll see much different play out on Sunday into Monday.

You guys out west are going to get smoked. No need to try to downplay it for fear of jinxing it. It’s going to happen…it’s been a while since you guys have cashed in while folks to the east flipped. It’s like order is being restored to the universe.

Us fancy city folk will rip fatties for 3-4 hours, ping, then warm up and rain for a bit. It is what it is, and personally as long as no one is posting snips of correlation coefficient radar as the mix line approaches, I’ll be fine. I’m already more than halfway to average for the season, so tacking on a few inches will just serve to get me even closer to that number.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Even out here my call is 3-4.  Those warm noses never fail to verify. I expect a lot of mixing.  

There may be a warm nose, but you, You are on Route 9. I've been there, many many times on the way to Charles Town. You got elevation. You are gonna get AT LEAST 7-8 inches. You're gonna get obliterated during the thump from orographic effects! Position yourself at Charles Town. They get demolished BAD in these kinds of setups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

For all intents and purposes, the ops basically haven’t wavered in 2+ days. It’s uncanny, really, and despite talk of slowing down vorts and getting more confluence and getting good new data from dropsondes and shit, there’s no reason to think we’ll see much different play on Sunday into Monday.

You guys west are going to get smoked. No need to try to downplay it for fear of jinxing it. It’s going to happen…it’s been a while since you guys have cashed in while folks to the east flipped. It’s like order is being restored to the universe.

Us fancy city folk will rip fatties for 3-4 hours, ping, then warm up and rain for a bit. It is what it is, and personally as long as no one is posting snips of correlation coefficient radar as the mix line approaches, I’ll be fine. I’m already more than halfway to average for the season, so tacking on a few inches will just serve to get me even closer to that number.

What if I change my profile pic to the CC radar just as the mix line is on Burke’s doorstep?  Does that count?   :hurrbear:

• Haha 4

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic