Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

12 minutes ago, nj2va said:

GFS has McHenry gusting into the low 50s Sunday night.  Check out this panel for the 95 corridor.  I’d think overdone but we do wind well around here.  

I can't think of a time when the euro gust panels were accurate for any kind of storm. Never checked gfs. Euro always seemed way overdone. I started looking at wind a different way and got much better at predicting. Look at your sustained surface winds instead of gusts. Then add 10-15mph to that for "gusts". Check 925s and see how quick it's ripping just off the deck and make adjustments in your head. Generally speaking, I95 & west really doesn't get big wind gusts without a westerly component. Maybe it's topography. My yard or neighborhood gets little if any wind damage when there's an easterly component. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, IronTy said:

My wife has to fly out of IAD on Monday midday for some business trip to go fire one of her CEOs.  I'm selfish and don't want her to go.  I haven't told her about this storm so she hasn't had the chance to change the flight to BWI.  I feel guilty, but not really. 

That CEO thanks you. 

• Haha 12

Just now, Va wine country said:

Plot twist....Iron Ty is the ceo

Let’s not forget Ty got an NSX for a birthday present from his wife. She doesn’t play any games. If she’s firing “one of the CEO’s”, she has to be on the board? 

He’ll survive one way or the other. If it doesn’t snow and we smoke cirrus even, take the whip for a spin. That makes missing out on snow naso bad if you ask me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Name one system where that warm nose was over-forecast on something wrapped up like this.

I think this is going to be a bigger sleetfest than most are willing to accept atm. I'd be kind of surprised if DC gets any more than ~3-4 hours of snow out of it before pingers mix in. That elevated warm nose/WCB is going to kill totals east of the mountains.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Let’s not forget Ty got an NSX for a birthday present from his wife. She doesn’t play any games. If she’s firing “one of the CEO’s”, she has to be on the board? 

He’ll survive one way or the other. If it doesn’t snow and we smoke cirrus even, take the whip for a spin. That makes missing out on snow naso bad if you ask me. 

Hmmm, impressed you remembered that.  Yeah I also just retired at 41yo. My first day of retirement was out big snowstorm last Monday.  Don't cry too many tears for me.  

Private equity big boss for the win.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

Name one system where that warm nose was over-forecast on something wrapped up like this.

I think this is going to be a bigger sleetfest than most are willing to accept atm. I'd be kind of surprised if DC gets any more than ~3-4 hours of snow out of it before pingers mix in. That elevated warm nose/WCB is going to kill totals east of the mountains.

Sadly I think this history tell us this is exactly what will happen. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic