Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

We could end up going over to plain old rain as well with a west shift. Nothing is off the table at this point. I am feeling good about the Euro and GFS being almost identical at this point though. 

Wait a minute, if that happens I’m trolling you mercilessly. Already warned you about throwing words out like hammered and pounded and beat down. Lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Agreed. Think we’ve been on the same page all long. I tend to do well when you and @clskinsfan do well. I think our corridor is very much in the game here. You guys even more so than me due to being further west. Worst case, I think we see a solid thump before a sleet bomb, but I’m not discounting a 90+% snow event either. There is far too much time left and too many players on the proverbial field to give up hope at this point - especially when 50-100 mile shifts ESE could significantly up our totals. 

long way to go. If 00z trends in the wrong direction again, that’s when I’ll begin to worry. 

Those shifts are gonna happen. Keep tracking the models.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 3

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I mean, yes, verbatim it’s snowing meteors to beat the band right there. But I do think the euro and NAM are going to find some warmer layers in there and it’s going to be pounding sleet.

I have never had sleet here with 850’s ok. Unless the rates are light. Seems as soon as they are heavy we flip back.

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I have never had sleet here with 850’s ok. Unless the rates are light. Seems as soon as they are heavy we flip back.

You’re far enough west that any warm layer you get will probably be really short lived. But that sounding shows that (at least) the 800-875mb layer is warming rapidly and a higher resolution model probably would indicate a warmer layer. 

It’s still going to snow in the metro corridor and it still will accumulate. But I think there will be SOME sleet for many/most east of 81.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Why isn't he posting?  This is right up his alley....doom posting and this time, he'd actually be right! 

lol he’s not so doom and gloom now

8 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

@mappy where did you and Chris grab a beer? That’s a good happy hour model watching idea if I’ve ever heard one. 

We are at BC Brewery, a coworkers last day is tomorrow so out with work folks 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

You’re far enough west that any warm layer you get will probably be really short lived. But they sounding shows that (at least) the 800-875mb layer is warming rapidly and a higher resolution model probably would indicate a warmer layer. 

It’s still going to snow in the metro corridor and it still will accumulate. But I think there will be SOME sleet for many/most east of 81.

Agree. If its not sleeting during that sounding than it will be shortly. But with a sounding like that the previous half hour was probably an epic snow dump. And I also agree that our elevation helps some. 

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We could end up going over to plain old rain as well with a west shift. Nothing is off the table at this point. I am feeling good about the Euro and GFS being almost identical at this point though. 

Very true. One thing is for sure, ill be up through the 00z euro run tonight as we enter it’s wheelhouse. Feeling very good about our chances of a warning event 

3 minutes ago, jayyy said:

THERE HE IS! Dude. We need your persistent optimism. Worked wonders last week. 

You need to go to the store, buy about ten Jebman Shovels, because the entire Washington Metropolitan Region is going to get demolished by a Jebman Shift in the models, maybe several Jebman Shifts. The entire region's gonna be under WSW's.

Well maybe NOT Jebman shifts, but shifts nonetheless that will place all of your backyards squarely in the torrential snow and under the deform. Track the models strap yourself in tight, gonna be a wild ride lol

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic