Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

5 minutes ago, Snowfan96 said:

My only point is the NAM doesn’t get enough credit, esp. in these types of scenarios/set-ups. It tends to be more reliable and accurate than many have come to believe.

You must be new here. Every been NAM'ed? Around here we go with the snowiest model as gospel. During a good NAM'ing we bow to "king NAM" lol. Anyway.. GFS time. Sorry for banter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Snowfan96 said:

My only point is the NAM doesn’t get enough credit, esp. in these types of scenarios/set-ups. It tends to be more reliable and accurate than many have come to believe.

This is true, but when the GFS and NAM have large synoptic differences at longer ranges, it's not often that the NAM will be correct.    It's simply a lot to ask of *any* regional model to nail synoptic details beyond day 2.

One the snyoptics align, one should absolutely use the NAM (and preferably the NAM Nest) for temperatures and important mesoscale details.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

The NAM could be right, but I have no idea why any I-81 folks would freak out. The GFS and Euro have showed adjustments here and there almost every run for 48 hours now and the end result is literally the exact same each time. Like Bobchill said, it seems like the tracks are laid down and the storm has nowhere to go but along the tracks.

This is true, but when the GFS and NAM have large synoptic differences at longer ranges, it's not often that the NAM will be correct.    It's simply a lot to ask of *any* regional model to nail synoptic details beyond day 2.
         One the snyoptics align, one should absolutely use the NAM (and preferably the NAM Nest) for temperatures and important mesoscale details.

Still haven’t looked at a dang thing, but I too am interested in the Nest, starting tomorrow. Nest did amazing with March 2017. This is a good setup for it.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic