Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Every op run we’ve had in the last 48 hours has eventually run the low to the NNW from SE VA to over DC, no matter how things looked leading into it. I’m just expecting the same will happen with future runs. 

It appears I was wrong and that the low can go further west.

Best case scenario for a lot of the people biting their fingernails on this one is a front end thump of 4-6 inches and then dry slot. The models have been pretty consistent with the inland track for a while now. I know we're all just desperately hoping it'll randomly come substantially east but there appears to be no signs at all that that's even a reasonable hope for this one.

No doom and gloom, just seeing what's being portrayed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CentralVaNATS said:

This????

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Actually think he’s going to end up being fairly correct.  I still think we end up with a storm that hugs the coast. Not the perfect area-wide MECS+ setup / track, especially for the cities, but much better than what we’re seeing on the GFS right now. This setup reminds me of several storms we saw in the early to mid 2000s which rode the immediate coastline. Snow to mix along 95 with a change to rain east of the bay, and 80+% snow for NW zones before a sleetfest 

• Like 3

Actually think he’s going to end up being fairly correct.  I still think we end up with a storm that hugs the coast. Not the perfect area-wide MECS+ setup / track, especially for the cities, but much better than what we’re seeing on the GFS right now. This setup reminds me of several storms we saw in the early to mid 2000s which rode the immediate coastline. Snow to mix along 95 with a change to rain east of the bay, and 80+% snow for NW zones before a sleetfest 
Key factor could be the current fish storm setting up maybe as a 50/50 in NS
and nudges it more E

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Its all about the thump now most likely. Get as much as you can up front and pray for a dryslot. 

The way this is looking now, I’d say yes for I-95/close in burbs.  But further N&W towards I-81 and west, the chance at staying all frozen is much higher.  Of course, by Friday, GFS could be cutting this west of Pittsburgh, ha.

1 minute ago, Random Chaos said:

Looks to me the biggest problem with the models is consolidating the low pressure in a single location. The GFS is jumping back and forth between 2 of these lows, and that seems to be what is making the sudden west jog jyst before it hits us:

758125C5-904D-49C4-8331-923C614B41D5.png

Random chaos, in other words. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic