Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Not sure its worth analyzing the NAM at 500 at the end of the run but it closed off 500 east of Euro and GFS.  

It isn't, but like you said it's the NAM at 84 hours. Hope you guys get clobbered, just saying what it shows. To perhaps level the playing field, it has the 250 mb jet further south and in a better position. It's closed off a full state west (though it's probably too agressive in that regard) 

gfs_z500_vort_us_16.png

namconus_z500_vort_us_53.png

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

No.

image.thumb.png.12e79cd60e961dd4511f313ecaba4621.png

You're not comparing the same time frame. I'm talking about the NAM at the end of it's run vs the GFS and Euro at the same time (12Z Sunday). I wasn't being combative, I was replying to a specific post that showed that. 

15 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

How’s it look for New York?

Im thinking heavy heavy rain.

Snow to sleet, briefly rain (possible thunderstorms), back to sleet and blowing snow to end, snow gradient from 4-6" southern Queens to 8-12" Yonkers-White Plains area, heavier further up the Hudson valley and into n NJ. Or just all snow if this goes back to a full coastal scenario. Strong east winds during snow and sleet, later strong west to northwest winds during wrap-around blowing snow. Brief temp spike to 40 F possible. 

14 minutes ago, mob1 said:

You're not comparing the same time frame. I'm talking about the NAM at the end of it's run vs the GFS and Euro at the same time (12Z Sunday). I wasn't being combative, I was replying to a specific post that showed that. 

Don’t want to clog up the thread more so we’ll just agree to disagree - I was looking at the location of where the 500 low closes off (regardless of the model time).  time to move on from the 84H NAM :) 

• Like 2

To those who understand the intricacies of all this and wouldn't mind giving me a little lesson. What is the driving force(or lack of a driving force) allowing the low to track right up over our area vs becoming a full blown coastal? 

With so many people just hoping it will come east, what specifically would need to happen differently with the setup currently being depicted to even allow for it to come substantially east, and is that even any bit realistic to hope for at this point? 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic