Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m curious. If anybody had given you a map with a a 1008 low over Biloxi, a 1033 high over Iowa and a 1034 high over Lake Huron, would you not be excited?

not anymore it wouldn't...there was a time when I was a younger man....that one afternoon on Gordon street

Slightly lower heights in front. Actually the last few runs that has been trending better. But again I think it’s what’s happening upstream that’s the problem. Slower more amplified SW then more energy diving in behind to pull it NW.  So far at 66 the slower more amped trend seems to have stopped but no improvement that I see.  Still too soon to know what that last piece will do. At least on what I’m seeing. By the time I type in this I’m sure someone will already know what happens. 

regardless of what happens after its better at 90 than 6z was.  Lower heights in front, slightly less amplified SW and slightly further southeast.  The biggest thing is the NW trend of that feature has finally stopped after 6 straight runs of a steady consistent NW and more amplified trend each run we finally got a run that went the other way, if even slightly, with that feature.  Again still to soon to know what that 3rd piece of this puzzle does but parts 1 and 2 trended better on this run.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

I'm not seeing the optimism.  850 low is already headed NE from Memphis.  That is a bad look for us.

I was mainly focused on seeing the trend towards a slower, further west, and stronger h5 SW in the Tenn Valley stop and it did.  This was the first run where that trended back towards what we want...not far enough but at least a halt in a trend that wasn't going to end well if it continued.  The flow up top was a little better in front but again of the 3 factors here I think that is the least influential.  If I had to rank what is most going to determine the outcome with this its 1) the strength and speed of the SW.  Faster and a little weaker is better.  2) the energy diving in behind and how much it phases and or tugs the system to the NW and 3) the flow ahead of it with the departing ocean storm and TPV lobe to our northeast.  

At hour 90 I did see improvement from factors 1 and 3.  1 needs to continue to improve though, the GFS still has it amplifying and a bit too slow so that it can lift north a bit before we want but at least it didnt continue to get worse like the last 5 runs did progressively each time.  Of course if the energy diving in behind continues to trend worse it will offset any minor favorable trends in other areas and it wont matter.   Just my 2 cents.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic