• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

Was going to make a I have a dream reference about the storm, but even as a bleck, I cringed a little.  So, without further ado, here is the Jan 17 potential storm thread.  

Legal disclaimer:  As author of this thread, Stormtracker(tm) is not responsible for any negative affects to the storm.  By posting in this thread, you accept all terms and conditions, including, but not limited to: praising stormtracker if storm trends favorable, NOT blaming stormtracker if storm trends even more negatively than it already has.  This offer cannot be redeemed for cash, monopoly properties or any rights to ban Vice Regent.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 39
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Was going to make a I have a dream reference about the storm, but even as a bleck, I cringed a little.  So, without further ado, here is the Jan 17 potential storm thread.  

Legal disclaimer:  As author of this thread, Stormtracker(tm) is not responsible for any negative affects to the storm.  By posting in this thread, you accept all terms and conditions, including, but not limited to: praising stormtracker if storm trends favorable, NOT blaming stormtracker if storm trends even more negatively than it already has.  This offer cannot be redeemed for cash, monopoly properties or any rights to ban Vice Regent.  

If you can’t get the year correct, don’t start a thread :hurrbear:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I don't think it is wise to get to invested in this storm yet. Just 24 hours ago we thought this had little to no shot of going up the coast, now we are worried about to much amplification. Really shows how this pattern is a little too complex for he models to handle well at range.

5 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Us? Invested in a potential D6 MECS? never. 

Careful...I just got called out by SOME people for NOT getting invested and giving up on the storm yesterday...lol

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

SLP was super jumpy too. The 5H progression was actually pretty solid, but the SLP was west of where it should be. You can see the jumpiness of the low when you walk through from 00z Monday, onward. Should take a 1993 Superstorm track, not a track over DC. Split hairs with a track over even CAPE's hood would be a big difference. 

Was just about to say...Ill take my chances with a closed upper low passing over RDU and ORF in mid January with an arctic airmass in place leading into the event.  Is is possible for it to do down that way...yea but unlikely imo.  If this progression ends up close to correct at H5 I could see this evolving to something like the Feb 2014 storm where there was a big WAA snow ahead of the system then a huge dry slot with a lot of drizzle that blasted pretty far inland with the SE flow ahead of the slow upper low....then a round 2 with the upper low pass.  Something like that is more likely imo than the surface low amplifying northwestward and a huge driving rainstorm with that setup.  

• Like 4

• stormtracker changed the title to MLK 2022 Storm Potential
2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Nope. I do not agree to one of these terms. I mean to take from you all four railroads, Boardwalk and Park Place, all of the orange properties, and bankrupt your ass. You coulda got by with $100 but you wanted to come at me with attitude. This is what you get.

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Was just about to say...Ill take my chances with a closed upper low passing over RDU and ORF in mid January with an arctic airmass in place leading into the event.  Is is possible for it to do down that way...yea but unlikely imo.  If this progression ends up close to correct at H5 I could see this evolving to something like the Feb 2014 storm where there was a big WAA snow ahead of the system then a huge dry slot with a lot of drizzle that blasted pretty far inland with the SE flow ahead of the slow upper low....then a round 2 with the upper low pass.  Something like that is more likely imo than the surface low amplifying northwestward and a huge driving rainstorm with that setup.  

Absolutely agree with this assessment. The 5H look SCREAMS a huge thump of snow before any switch over. There is one part to keep an eye on and its the positioning of the high pressure to the north. A spot like the CMC would allow for u-vector winds to be off the charts and usher in maritime air within the 850-925mb layer of the PBL. That would change things to sleet EASY, but not before a nuking occurs with snow. The further NW you are, the better in this setup. This is actually a great system for an area like Hagerstown/Martinsburg/Winchester crew. 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, snowfan said:

FTR, I think Randall did you dirty. This should be your thread. You’ve been calling this storm for awhile. I hope he pays you rights fees.

Haha, I will never start another storm thread. The long range thread however, I want that one until my luck runs out.

6 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Absolutely agree with this assessment. The 5H look SCREAMS a huge thump of snow before any switch over. There is one part to keep an eye on and its the positioning of the high pressure to the north. A spot like the CMC would allow for u-vector winds to be off the charts and usher in maritime air within the 850-925mb layer of the PBL. That would change things to sleet EASY, but not before a nuking occurs with snow. The further NW you are, the better in this setup. This is actually a great system for an area like Hagerstown/Martinsburg/Winchester crew. 

You rang....

• Weenie 2

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic