• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

The coastal flood threat on the Sound is pretty significant. The probabilistic ESTOFS has a median tide of 7.1ft MLLW at New London which is really high for them (highest since Sandy... and before that the last time about 7ft was Hurricane Carol). 

I'm in Truro for the storm so am pretty stoked to see the wind tomorrow morning at the ocean. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

FWIW, more snow down south than forecast and NWS down here in MD just scrambled to hoist advisories because they say the models were too warm at the onset and more snow is falling than expected. Zero idea if that will keep translating north.

I saw some data that the northern stream energy that will eventually phase with ULL coming up coast may be a little slower and weaker.  As I understand it this is driving feature for pulling storm on it’s modeled track.  Will be worth seeing if this plays out as eastern trend.

3 minutes ago, EMontpelierWhiteout said:

I saw some data that the northern stream energy that will eventually phase with ULL coming up coast may be a little slower and weaker.  As I understand it this is driving feature for pulling storm on it’s modeled track.  Will be worth seeing if this plays out as eastern trend.

What data?

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

The coastal flood threat on the Sound is pretty significant. The probabilistic ESTOFS has a median tide of 7.1ft MLLW at New London which is really high for them (highest since Sandy... and before that the last time about 7ft was Hurricane Carol). 

I'm in Truro for the storm so am pretty stoked to see the wind tomorrow morning at the ocean. 

Nice

ctlond.gif

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

It is

I mean there a little weenie spot at 850 cooler in the Berks, but 925 and the sfc look the same or a tick warmer. I did see the ptype maps indicate snow holding on briefly longer, but I’m not going to overanalyze ptype maps. 

Just now, dendrite said:

I mean there a little weenie spot at 850 cooler in the Berks, but 925 and the sfc look the same or a tick warmer. I did see the ptype maps indicate snow holding on briefly longer, but I’m not going to overanalyze ptype maps. 

are you looking at the 3k or 12?  3k seems colder to me