Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

24 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

I think we have more overs than unders on NWS maps this season. Previous deals like this we typically do 2-3" more than lower valley sections like Amherst and Northampton. I think @HIPPYVALLEY does well and pushes 6" being further north.  

Weenie mode: engage.

Wiener Dance | Dancing animated gif, Dance, Animation

Hats off to one of the best gifs on here.  That’s a keeper.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hrrr is pretty cold. I suppose you should watch the trend, but on the other hand it should warm rapidly south of 84. 

I’m not convinced to expect much of anything at all. What We would need is the rain snow line being expected to flirt with Norwich/Warwick/Foxboro. Sadly this is more than just a couple tweaks away from getting the goods I think. HRRR is tempting but I am having trouble buying it 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Pivotal and TT clowns still giving me 6-12", not factoring in sleet, etc on GFS, Euro, HRRR, Nammie

I honestly don't think I know what to fully expect.  Could be 3" of snow and a ton of rain, or 9" with some meat added

Same here, Could be 3-10", On the fence but the longer we can hold off torching aloft the more snow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I bet Foxboro Mansfield area will get 2-4”

A similar rain snow line to this happened in a storm in early 2004 once. Mansfield got a mix at the start with just a hint of a coating. Woonsocket got about 1.5 inches of snow before the coup de gras turnover.

i think that storm was less significant than this as a whole tho 

c3a75dbf77ccae83d916d7846ad9750b.png
79d959b08e797cdd1280de61c48ef740.png
I guess this looks pretty reasonable. I’ll take my 3-4” and run. It can be tough to forecast how far west the downsloping effects go. Sometimes it stays east of the Hudson, sometimes it goes pretty far west to the base of the Helderbergs. Often it’s less significant when the cold air dome is underestimated and the East winds goes over there to of the dome. Looks like fun times in Buffalo! I’m going to attempt to drive to Windham tomorrow. Should be a fun drive up the Catskill escarpment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Pivotal and TT clowns still giving me 6-12", not factoring in sleet, etc on GFS, Euro, HRRR, Nammie

I honestly don't think I know what to fully expect.  Could be 3" of snow and a ton of rain, or 9" with some meat added

Definitely over 3” haha. BOX map looked good. 

• Like 1

I think we have more overs than unders on NWS maps this season. Previous deals like this we typically do 2-3" more than lower valley sections like Amherst and Northampton. I think [mention=919]HIPPYVALLEY[/mention] does well and pushes 6" being further north.  
Weenie mode: engage.
c3738c884e2e69ffcb6dce8da250a487.gif

That is the sexiest weenie I’ve ever seen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s gonna be very heavy rain with temps low 40s. Could be Elephant Man pack :lol: 

I’m still skeptical of 40’s all day . Could happen, but I’ve lived here long enough to know sometimes the “relative” cold holds the torch at bay in SE CT. I’m thinking a few hours of 35-40 then drop late day . How strong do you think winds will be in your area?

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m still skeptical of 40’s all day . Could happen, but I’ve lived here long enough to know sometimes the “relative” cold holds the torch at bay in SE CT. I’m thinking a few hours of 35-40 then drop late day . How strong do you think winds will be in your area?

Prob like 3-4 hours at 40,42 for you

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Probably 50-65 or so. I do wonder if it inverts a bit. Still should be wild between 6-9a. 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I agree and that rain Flys by. Thumper looks better for you. An hour or 2 holding off rain will be key. An hour of sleet will help as well. Think surface warmth oversold for you anyway. We know the drill here. I will torch you will briefly hit near 40. Nice snow squall post rain with bottom shelf ULL should give us a half inch on top. Just my opinion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Still it’s a little frustrating to see 8 plus totals in litchfield county while a similar latitude of eastern CT gets maybe 1-2 inches. 

Bro..you gotta understand, it's not just about latitude (or longitude) for this event. The litchfield hills have 750',  some places 1000', of elevation on you. In thermally marginal events, the snow totals will look like a terrain map. Just how it is.

cKafu2o.jpeg

nam3km_asnow_neus_61.png

• Like 6