• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

I know I'm only getting windy rain out of this, but man that 500mb vorticity map is the most interesting/unique thing I've seen in a while.  I know @Typhoon Tip mentioned it several pages back.  The 500 mb lows never phase, they cross each others tracks, the northern wave shoots ESE into the Atlantic and the southern wave goes due north and merges into that huge low over northern Canada.  I'm sure it's happened before but that can't happen that often...

• Like 1

Just now, ineedsnow said:

ya I would call it a upper valley town lol we do alot better then Amherst but not as good as a place like Blandford

Oh' man, Amherst is tough.  My first go round in W MA was in the early 90's and I couldn't believe the snow difference when I moved from the Amherst/Belchertown line up to Leverett.  Amherst is such a snow hole.  Northampton gets more snow even though they are basically on the river.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh' man, Amherst is tough.  My first go round in W MA was in the early 90's and I couldn't believe the snow difference when I moved from the Amherst/Belchertown line up to Leverett.  Amherst is such a snow hole.  Northampton gets more snow even though they are basically on the river.

last year we had a good amount of snow think it was late October drove down to Amherst and they had nothing 

58 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euros gonna take back the crown on this I think 

Just imagine the shocker the community would be in for if this not only “verifies” but the low actually tracks 20 miles to the southeast of this map. 

rain…. Ten inches of wet snow, same thing. It’s all water, really. I promise.