Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

Just got a Winter Storm Watch:

https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=VTZ005&warncounty=VTC007&firewxzone=VTZ005&local_place1=Burlington VT&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch&lat=44.4836&lon=-73.2114#.YeHdJP7MJPY

For the
  Winter Storm Watch, heavy snow possible. Total snow
  accumulations of 8 to 12 inches possible across northern New
  York and portions of south-central Vermont, while 5 to 8 inches
  across the Champlain Valley and northern Vermont. Winds could
  gust as high as 35 mph.
  • Like 1

Since we're taking the entire shaft on this thing... do we have to have the wind chill advisory/warning and high temp of 10 tomorrow, too ?  

This whole thing - echoing Will's sentiment from earlier ... - really is setting the table the best that can possible be signed, just maximize the scale and degree of a failing climate. 

Maybe this is one of those little oddities that is easy to dismiss as flukey, but is in fact a tendency in present climate/moving forward.   

40, 10, 40-rain, spanning 36 hours.   amazing really ..  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

18z NAM coming in toasty. Guess I should drop the idea of thinking we could see a colder solution. This is going to blow here. Time to start thinking about May. 

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

Nam coming in a bit E and colder, at least on the margins.  No big changes.

Umm  ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Since we're taking the entire shaft on this thing... do we have to have the wind chill advisory/warning and high temp of 10 tomorrow, too ?  

This whole thing - echoing Will's sentiment from earlier ... - really is setting the table the best that can possible be signed, just maximize the scale and degree of a failing climate. 

Maybe this is one of those little oddities that is easy to dismiss as flukey, but is in fact a tendency in present climate/moving forward.   

40, 10, 40-rain, spanning 36 hours.   amazing really ..  

It’s possible many areas hit 60 if warm models are correct. And then you bring all that wind down to the surface even interior 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s possible many areas hit 60 if warm models are correct. And then you bring all that wind down to the surface even interior 

Heh.... maybe -

nah, I think folks should count on triple point scooting out SE Mass, with this going over to 34 F rain after 2-6" of snow, less SE, more NW... but since N of said feature, the wind don't mix down. 

Basically, low redemption event.  Any snow at all is probably saving it, otherwise, Phin's right - 'hideous' proportion is probably most apropos

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh.... maybe -

nah, I think folks should count on triple point scooting out SE Mass, with this going over to 34 F rain after 2-6" of snow, less SE, more NW... but since N of said feature, the wind don't mix down. 

Basically, low redemption event.  Any snow at all is probably saving it, otherwise, Phin's right - 'hideous' proportion is probably most apropos

I agree. I have 3-6” for my area up thru ORH and then light rain / drizzle at 34-35 for a few hours before it ends as a period of light snow Monday night . I highly doubt any 50’s or 60 except perhaps the Cape . Climo always has these form weak secondary along coast. It’s just physics. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I agree. I have 3-6” for my area up thru ORH and then light rain / drizzle at 34-35 for a few hours before it ends as a period of light snow Monday night . I highly doubt any 50’s or 60 except perhaps the Cape . Climo always has these form weak secondary along coast. It’s just physics. 

aside from you, who has called for temps 50's or 60's in this thread?