Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

wow is that close ..

there at hint of closing off the 850 mb - what's interesting is that it's doing that slightly more so than the 06z, which is was a tick or two colder sort of ancestral run to this one's look. 

Anyway, ... obviously should that happen just a little more physically realized, what ever happens NW stays that way.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wow is that close ..

there at hint of closing off the 850 mb - what's interesting is that it's doing that slightly more so than the 06z, which is was a tick or two colder sort of ancestral run to this one's look. 

Anyway, ... obviously should that happen just a little more physically realized, what ever happens NW stays that way.

what about closing off 850 mb heights indicates/causes a colder situation?

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Huh? So reporting model out put is gone wild. Cool next time Ray posts Narcan will note. Go eat another edible

I guess when you post a decent looking set up from a model, it gets criticized, when they already know the outcome for Monday, and that it won’t make a difference for us, and it’s snow to rain for SNE.  

2 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

what about closing off 850 mb heights indicates/causes a colder situation?

In theory .. yeah.  It's just beginning as the occlusion axis is riding up the coastal plain... If it started 4 hours sooner, than the conveyor Brian posted gets trunked and the 700 mb mechanics continue to dump thru an isothermal column.. probably ORH-PSM if that were to happen -

from 4 day out no less - hahahaha.  just sayn'

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

In theory .. yeah.  It's just beginning as the occlusion axis is riding up the coastal plain... If it started 4 hours sooner, than the conveyor Brian posted gets trunked and the 700 mb mechanics continue to dump thru an isothermal column.. probably ORH-PSM if that were to happen -

Well it’s 3 days . Starts Sunday night 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

does closing off the mid/lower levels prevent, for lack of a better term, upper level energy (?) flowing northward unencumbered with the shape of the jet? I'd guess that it's meaningful in terms of wind fields and how different levels of the column change temperature. Am I kind of understanding? I still don't get exactly what would cause closing off to happen.

49 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Shortly after than storm some college kids jumped the out-of-bounds markers to ski (or ride, or both - can't recall) the back side of the mountain.  They soon ran into dense spruce-fir forest, unskiable by anything bigger than a red squirrel.  They took off the boards and sank chin deep, and after some floundering thru it, called 911.  They came out okay, but I think they got billed for the rescue costs, appropriately.

The summit and snowfields were buried and most forest growth was not visible.  During the height of the storm my son and I nearly got lost skiing above treeline. 

4/18/07

Backsidesummitlookingdown.jpg.243b3427e5a42f46aa396f1756b75216.jpgHighRigger.jpg.ee3491bc7bc79a6f44e98076c1254d9f.jpg

PureHeat.jpg

• Like 4