Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...the reference to those dates wasn't in deference/context that way - ..interesting interpretation, tho -

It was written in black and what 'medium to major,' first, in bold, and that impact was 'TBD'      The references to those dates was not a context for assigning this one as analogs.  No -

Like I said.. .whatever -

I think the bigger aspect of interest is that those sentiments originally put forth are still where we are at some 70 page later - that's funny.

Nothing wrong with your original post, frustration not withstanding. It was actually some stellar, spot on analysis.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...the reference to those dates wasn't in deference/context that way - ..interesting interpretation, tho -

It was written in black and what 'medium to major,' first, in bold, and that impact was 'TBD'      The references to those dates was not a context for assigning to this one, those as analogs.  No -

Like I said.. .whatever -

I think the bigger aspect of interest is that those sentiments originally put forth are still where we are at some 70 page later - that's funny.

Fair enough Tip…it’s all good. 

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

Too many folks are so busy comparing the minor nuisances of every 6-hour model run that they don't take the time to read and comprehend a very clear-cut statement!  Nothing in your original headline & post suggested you were screaming "here comes the monster"...

Aside from some weenie PTSD derived superstition about when to start threads....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Almost looks to be making two camps, Those ones to the west in PA and a cluster over western LI and east.

By Sunday, this could look completely  different than our first ideas from Tuesday of a bonafide Miller A as we know them. This thing seems to be mutating into something different.  

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Technically, yea. The N stream phases into the back side of the trough, which tilts it negative and slings the s stream SW up the coast.

I suppose depending on how much phasing there is, you could call it a hybrid. the closed off low in georgia screams miller a though

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS spread actually increased from 06z which is weird when you get closer.

Jan13_EPSanimate.gif

I take the greter dispersion as a positive.  There's that small cluster to the east that are catching (or missing) something.  While everyone else is asleep, Jerry can keep an eye on the 00z EPS to see if this is shot over the bow that things will be coming east.  Or it's a hiccup.

10 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

top CIPS analog is Feb 2014, but #2 was a big rainer for sne (12/26-27/2012)

Here are the notes from my log for that storm:

02/13/14              10”         Part 1 of a massive storm.  Incredible WCB crushed us with 2+ inches per hour in

a.m.,  then a tad of sleet just before dry slot.  Cold dome was retreating into N       

Atlantic  with track tight to coast amazing we didn’t change over, ended by

noon.   We did about as good as anyone.  Big win for power of UVVs.

02/14/14              3”            Really part II of yesterday’s storm.  ULL came up from VA just to our west.  Many

reports of Tstorms in our area.  Huge totals to our west.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I feel like both of those did well here.  I remember 12/26/2012 well.  We got around 12" of heavy snow.  I pretty sure it got destroyed by a January thaw.  Man I wish the second half of that winter could walk through our door!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Here are the notes from my log for that storm:

02/13/14              10”         Part 1 of a massive storm.  Incredible WCB crushed us with 2+ inches per hour in

a.m.,  then a tad of sleet just before dry slot.  Cold dome was retreating into N       

Atlantic  with track tight to coast amazing we didn’t change over, ended by

noon.   We did about as good as anyone.  Big win for power of UVVs.

02/14/14              3”            Really part II of yesterday’s storm.  ULL came up from VA just to our west.  Many

reports of Tstorms in our area.  Huge totals to our west.

Looks like you were blinded by the light, Wrapped up like a deuce another runner in the night.

25 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

NO shit - something in 2012 hot syringed testicles?   ..haha

2012 man. ho man.  That is bar none, numero uno ( like saying it in another language makes it even more so, right -) the worst f Jan -Mar in history.

The only thing that ( sorta ) redeems that Turkish prison sentence of a winter is that October 30 waste of clown space storm.  

As amazing as that was, any winter enthusiasts out there NOT willing to trade that p.o.s. in for a better January two.5 months later?

'Course, I'm a little biased against the Octo-bomb because I have a personal fetish about NOT losing power for any reason - but that's just me.  Which I did for a week.  What made that rub particularly chaffing is that since I am the last person an a 10,000 service trunk, I was of course by dumb f'n CD luck, right next door to a trunk that did not lose power that long.  I spent 4 day in dark cold, while musics and light, and the aromas of dinner cooked within plain sight. 

I will never forgive 2011-2012 for weather.  But... on a personal note ( LOL ) I was able to play disk golf every weekend Jan and Feb, in cargo shorts and light sweat shirt.   Open fairways ... not bugs... now over grown prickly shit in the fields.  Lots of light wind.. It was a utopia for that sport.

7 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

I feel like both of those did well here.  I remember 12/26/2012 well.  We got around 12" of heavy snow.  I pretty sure it got destroyed by a January thaw.  Man I wish the second half of that winter could walk through our door!

Yeah I was driving SYR-BOS the day before that and had to leave early to make sure I didn't get caught in it. From various notes, logs and memories it stayed mostly snow NW of a LEB-IZG line. The wikipedia page for that is mostly about the severe wx down south, but has a nice shot of the satellite. Looks like it was over TN, so it must have bounced east.