Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I think we can now safely say that the 06z GEFS were bunk. It was pretty to look at though. 

take the average of the 6z eps and 12zgefs and lean it west towards the UK and GGEM and that is our new status quo.  The Euro then gets to decide the 12Z average outcome, and then onto 18Z.  Still a ways to go and to trends.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, correction vector is worse, not better.

This is not going to be a good event...no doubt in my mind anymore. I think max zones in SNE are like 4-8"

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

5-10"? 

No one in MA, CT, RI sees a foot.

Berks are going to do just fine! I'll send some pics of my morning commute Tuesday through Savoy.

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wow, hero commute in the winter!  Any Sasquatch sightings?  I know those roads and that is some remote territory.

I drive a Subaru with a stick and snow tires.  My drive to work is more fun than anything else! I don't see much in the morning, some times deer and local cops.  That is about it. 

13 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This looks like it maxes out over NE pa then weakens . Isnt the initial thump going to Peter out as It reaches North of pike and Cne or not really 

Yea, too many issues....I have learned to let ones like this go a far as expectations. When you need a venn diagram to map out your path to heavy snow, its probably best to not pin your expectations to big amounts. "We need this lobe to trend weaker, this one stronger so that these phase later, and tracks east, and that occludes slower"...blah, I'd rather sit on a piranha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

When is the next lip and hips next event? 1/23?

I'm over this-

It's been showing up for quite awhile, and last night the numerical representation of the telecon likes the 19th -24th.  There is a bit of flex in the PNA with modestly neg NAO tending modulate back up -

It's beyond the free EPS sites vision though, and the individual GEF members are all over the map.  Icon hints strongly fwiw Lol