joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Very weird track

I'm rooting for the gefs

Quick note on GEFS.....that track is the mean of OTS camp, and interior hit camp. Some have stronger southern wave that remains discrete from n stream and scoots out to sea. Path to most snow is probably a slight tic east with a good front ender bc the other option is probably a brush if it doesn't phase.

I favor the slight tick east

I’m not a fan of what I see on the euro, it has a low way inland. If it is right about a low running inland that will make things tougher. However, due to the frigid temps before the storm this still has a lot of potential. If after initially cutting to the west, the low redevelops to the coast and turns into a Miller B, then we have something good going. Right now it’s just a Miller A and that’s not going to cut it. It wouldn’t take a ton of changes to get that low to transfer to the coast, just need the blocking to be a bit stronger.

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This could easily flood most of E
SNE with rain and not much snow to speak of .

Yeah we need large scale changes to the evolution at h5 to avoid the rain. Still far out enough where that’s possible, but the european guidance cannot be ignored. I hate seeing the only guidance with a favorable solution being the gefs. The NNE guys are in a very good spot for this if the guidance is correct, my area not so much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So everything goes east including EPS except the GGEM and Euro op which is goes 100 miles west and washes snow away to the Canadian border . Was nice to see GEFS and GFS east and colder . Poor Euro 

I just got up to look, but EPS looked west. Like way west. Not a single member is southeast of us now

5A2679B3-34C9-44DB-898A-3089DA633152.png

9F86C3F1-B8C5-4193-B7E2-508727209F89.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Quick note on GEFS.....that track is the mean of OTS camp, and interior hit camp. Some have stronger southern wave that remains discrete from n stream and scoots out to sea. Path to most snow is probably a slight tic east with a good front ender bc the other option is probably a brush if it doesn't phase.

I favor the slight tick east

I don't think it would be a brush. The phasing could just be delayed if the southern wave moves east faster. 

And I do think models are too slow with the southern stream. Progressive flow pattern has been the game last several years. 

So it's not over just yet 

Gfs def speeding up southern wave last few runs as well 

33 minutes ago, WeatherX said:

6z GFS looks like it pops a secondary near LI this run. Improved for sure

This was the usual overamped Euro run and when the folks that sleep in late start getting up soon they’ll freak out and assume it’s correct . And then 6z will start the slide back SE . You know how these work 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Aren't they they the only 06z run we can see other than the op?  If so, they're not outliers.  They're one of two things that make for an apples-to-apples comparison.

6z EPS is out too. Every single model including gfs op is west of the GEFS. They are the outlier. 

• Thanks 1