Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

19 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My whole point was that they seemed clueless bc they were simply chasing the OP, but this is the first suite that they aren't...that is all. I don't expect a foot of snow. Jesus, starting to think the less one says on here the better.

Kind of took the useless post to heart when you put it that way. it's all good, like you, was speaking in frustration.

Hopefully a plowable front end for everyone, just not a major blizzard ;)

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I mean, we’re probably splitting hairs, but I think the 12z euro was more than a couple. We’ll see what happens, long way to go 

You definitely got a rub and tug…you sound much better this evening.  I agree, long way to go. Let’s see what happens when energies/shortwaves get sampled better?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Enjoy your half foot.

I’ve seen many instances that screw your and I from more than like 2-3”. That flow is terrible. Get that high slower to retreat and a little more confluence with a low more near the Cape, and it would be much different. 

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Thank you, I will keep looking at the GFS. Pretty good model. You know damn well that if it did show a BM track with a "blizzard" to the coast you would be all over posting about how good it's been since its upgrade and how that'll be the final solution.

You're right, liking them doesn't make you child but saying that they're gonna happen with EVERY SINGLE piece of energy that exits the east coast, just like you do, does in fact make you a child. I remember being in middle school too, hearing a storm of some sort was on the horizon and thinking "wow! major blizzard!!!!!" These were my thoughts as a 12 y/o and obviously this is how you think now at whatever age you're at. Sad. Here's some advice for you, grow up and get a grip!

Holy shit what a melt! I have always shit on the gfs even when it shows what I like. I’m just gonna be straight up with you, I am not gonna change my ways. If I see the potential for blizzard conditions in my area I’m going to express excitement about the potential, you are always welcome to ignore my posts if you don’t like it. If what you are saying is true, seems to me like you went from a happy young kid full of life to a bitter and grumpy old man. I am in my early 20s, but when I get older if I end up grumpy and bitter like that I hope someone puts me outta my goddamn misery. I hope to retain some of my youthful passion towards the things I enjoy as I grow older. Whether it is a blizzard or rain or whiff or whatever, even if it doesn’t pan out tracking it is part of the fun at least for me. There’s nothing wrong with liking to see the good in things, even if reality doesn’t always pan out that way. 5 days out, all options are on the table, and yes there is an elevated risk of a monster blizzard somewhere in New England due to the size of the storm so yeah I’m excited about the potential. Maybe it pans out, maybe it doesn’t. For now, I am on board and I’m going to stick to my guns. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, George001 said:

Holy shit what a melt! I have always shit on the gfs even when it shows what I like. I’m just gonna be straight up with you, I am not gonna change my ways. If I see the potential for blizzard conditions in my area I’m going to express excitement about the potential, you are always welcome to ignore my posts if you don’t like it. If what you are saying is true, seems to me like you went from a happy young kid full of life to a bitter and grumpy old man. I am in my early 20s, but when I get older if I end up grumpy and bitter like that I hope someone puts me outta my goddamn misery. I hope to retain some of my youthful passion towards the things I enjoy as I grow older. Whether it is a blizzard or rain or whiff or whatever, even if it doesn’t pan out tracking it is part of the fun at least for me. There’s nothing wrong with liking to see the good in things, even if reality doesn’t always pan out that way. 5 days out, all options are on the table, and yes there is an elevated risk of a monster blizzard somewhere in New England due to the size of the storm so yeah I’m excited about the potential. Maybe it pans out, maybe it doesn’t. For now, I am on board and I’m going to stick to my guns. 

Water pistols?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, George001 said:

Nice. You really do remind us of our boy Jimmy. 

• Like 4