SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

And wind.

This GFS run would have it all. 

Areas hit hard as snow may end with rain and a line of thunderstorms. With H7 closing off so far west there would be a mean dry slot and probably would see a fine line of convection form right along the dry slot given the dynamics and steep lapse rates. Obviously too early for these sort of details but this solution would give it all.

• Like 1

Just now, dryslot said:

Shift that all to the east some, Plenty of time for more changes, The one on friday will play a big role in this.

Yeah if it consolidates more east, that mid-level stuff ends up here.  It’s just disjoined conveyors so in reality for most folks it’s a short duration heavy precip event on SE flow and then firehouse keeps moving northeast.  Need to consolidate it to have any chance of a cold conveyor belt or mid-level snows hitting New England.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I just went through 7 pages of this thread in deference to other's, thought/opinions/ analysis...  and arriving at the end, I have seen almost 0 analysis at all.   Not one deeper read into the very modeling that is 'triggering' the vitriol.   No history/performance, no bias applications... No comparatives to other guidance, weighting those biases ... back and forth, whereby to synthesize valid, objective - I mean nothing.  And, saying, 'x y z model looks like an inland track,'  only, does not constitute substantive analysis. LOL - we get it that there's not enough sugar in your porridge.

Dude...where have you been for the last 2+ years? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Part of the issue too is you're already seeing the jet streak round the base of the trough across Louisiana/Mississippi. If that could hold off until like Alabama/Georgia that would probably vastly increase the likelihood of shifting things (SLP, 850, 700) farther south and east. Guess this falls into the category of becoming too amped too early?

image.thumb.png.c09ffb5bb9c5c3e4bcc7e34da0f6efff.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it still looks shitty verbatim, but I am biased by locale obviously. 

2 minutes ago, tiger_deF said:

Maybe we can get the best of both worlds out of this pattern, with a mild-medium thump on Friday for eastern areas, and a large thump from Monday's system for Western areas (which received little benefit from the system last Friday).

Friday is not thumping anyone.