joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Mostly voodoo of yore.

It's not even true, period.

Outside slider whacks mid California, spins up Colorado low, exits through the Lakes = false
Never seen that -

garbage.  it's not or cannot be construed as a "rule" if it's violated and broken pretty routinely.

Clipper, comes in through N Dakota route, exits the MA;  as a bomb that clips New England? still = false; it exited the MA

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It looks like a timing issue more than an overzealous shortwave

Trust me... I showed you the S/W are stronger in the GFS - look at it, please.  

Now, that might work out that way..sure.  But, I have reasons ( also pointed out) why that could be a subtle, albeit important bias.  And, they tend to correct toward less when the relay happens off the Pacific.

We'll see.. But, I'm not sold on those overnight runs man.  no way.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Now, that might work out that way..sure.  But, I have reasons ( also pointed out) why that could be so.  And, they tend to correct toward less when the relay happens off the Pacific. We'll see.. But, I'm not sold on those overnight runs man.  no way.

Probably not the best way to encourage a positive conversation, but I'm going to let it go.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Now, that might work out that way..sure.  But, I have reasons ( also pointed out) why that could be a subtle, albeit important biase.  And, they tend to correct toward less when the relay happens off the Pacific.

We'll see.. But, I'm not sold on those overnight runs man.  no way.

I think its also easy to get carried away with the negative inertia of recent trends and lose sight of the fact that even the 00z EURO is a major winter storm outside of I 495. I'm guilty of it myself.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I just went through 7 pages of this thread in deference to other's, thought/opinions/ analysis...  and arriving at the end, I have seen almost 0 analysis at all.   Not one deeper read into the very modeling that is 'triggering' the vitriol.   No history/performance, no bias applications... No comparatives to other guidance, weighting those biases ... back and forth, whereby to synthesize valid, objective - I mean nothing.  And, saying, 'x y z model looks like an inland track,'  only, does not constitute substantive analysis. LOL - we get it that there's not enough sugar in your porridge.

Not directed at you Tip but I'm going on 10 years of reading this forum and I'm not sure I've seen it worse than it is now.  There was a time not long ago, that moderators would crack down on these type of posts.  Not sure what happened?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah those changes early on were enough to hold in the cold a bit better. Stil want to see this not track west of us...but well see if other guidance follow ssuit.

You can start to see some minny screw zones show up in downslope areas due to the easterly fetch.