Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is one of those obnoxious elements of this place.....when things are not going the way of cold and snow, so many people, whether they like the solution or hate it, scrutinize every word typed. Whether it be out of frustration, or trolling.

There is no doubt if this was currently tracking over the benchmark, people wouldn’t be commenting how early it is and how we have to let it play out to see if the models shift 500 miles.

This kind of rhetoric is a defense mechanism in the face of some very ugly solutions 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is one of those obnoxious elements of this place.....when things are not going the way of cold and snow, so many people, whether they like the solution or hate it, scrutinize every word typed. Whether it be out of frustration, or trolling.

light trolling...i thought your phrasing was humorous.  Trying to will and hope the storm to go east is pretty funny

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

There is no doubt if this was currently tracking over the benchmark, people wouldn’t be commenting how early it is and how we have to let it play out to see if the models shift 500 miles.

This kind of rhetoric is a defense mechanism in the face of some very ugly solutions 

I think some would....there are those who legitimately employ sound logic, and others who utilize that as a defense mechanism, or aversion to reality if you will....I could have written my thesis for my MSW on this place.

• Haha 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

:clap:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dangerous to extrapolate the nammy but the trough is very positive at hr84 as the low sits along the Miss river while the confluence above is fairly stout. 

Yeah NAM is world's different from the GFS at the end of the run....doesnt mean much yet, but it's better than having it shows something as amped or more amped.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

"Which can still be a decent event, but not what it could have been for SNE."

Selective perception. I clearly stated what it would take as within the realm of possibilities. But yes, my ending statement was in reference to what I consider the highest probability outcome at this point. I certainly never implied it was 100%. And it was predicated on a hypothetical that you presented.

39 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

What we've seen so far is a major correction. If we windshield wipe from here, we are talking about if/how much on the front end before the changeover, unless it ends up on the far east side of the "wipe." Which can still be a decent event, but not what it could have been for SNE.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah NAM is world's different from the GFS at the end of the run....doesnt mean much yet, but it's better than having it shows something as amped or more amped.

I'll take whatever I can get.

Even the 00z EURO was a legit winter storm for most of us....just have the bleeding stopped, and salvage a respectable storm as we continue in a good pattern.

• Like 2

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Imagine if it even ended up a fish?

LOL The weather weenie section at the Bill's stadium would be filled with nooses Saturday night.

I actually could see it, consistent with the model trends over the past 2 days. If it keeps hanging back in the southwest, there's a chance it just gets cut off completely.